• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How long can liquid coolant last in a liquid cooled system?

Recommended Posts

jnelsoninjax    13,239

How often should the coolant be replaced? I have mine almost a year and never changed the coolant, yet my BIL has changed his like 4 or 5 times for no apparent reason. I am just looking for some clarity on the whole matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K    14,478

What kind of cooler do you have?

 

I have never changed, nor can I (it is an AIO) ... I've had it for 8 years without issue.

 

So...in short ... I think as long as your temps are good don't worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    13,239
3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

What kind of cooler do you have?

 

I have never changed, nor can I (it is an AIO) ... I've had it for 8 years without issue.

 

So...in short ... I think as long as your temps are good don't worry about.

OK. seems simple enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,905

AIO's should never be replaced, BUT the pump normally fails before it "needs" to be replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    13,239

My system's cooling is not an AIO, it is all separate, I do not know the brand(s) of the pump, etc that is in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K    14,478
8 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

My system's cooling is not an AIO, it is all separate, I do not know the brand(s) of the pump, etc that is in it.

oh, that is probably a little different.  Depends really on the tubing and coolant you used plus if you have any noticeable "gunk" (corrosion/bio-growth) build-up.  Hard to say really ... though Corsair and EKWB recommends it be done yearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    13,239

I never really look at my system, it is sitting under my desk, and is not something I look at all the time, perhaps I need to look at it one of these days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,905
26 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I never really look at my system, it is sitting under my desk, and is not something I look at all the time, perhaps I need to look at it one of these days!

The case have a window in it?

 

Personally, I would do a check on temps. If it goes up for no reason, that tells you something is wrong...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    13,239
14 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

The case have a window in it?

 

Personally, I would do a check on temps. If it goes up for no reason, that tells you something is wrong...

 

Yeah it has a window, but is dark tinted, I do check the temps, no problems so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,905

HWMonitor should see all the temps. misread...

 

To your case, RGB time? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    13,239
1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

HWMonitor should see all the temps. misread...

 

To your case, RGB time? :D 

HWMonitor does display the temps, and yes the case is RGB :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,905

If you can't see the RGB, it ain't bright enough. 😛

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.