How long can liquid coolant last in a liquid cooled system?

How often should the coolant be replaced? I have mine almost a year and never changed the coolant, yet my BIL has changed his like 4 or 5 times for no apparent reason. I am just looking for some clarity on the whole matter.

What kind of cooler do you have?

I have never changed, nor can I (it is an AIO) ... I've had it for 8 years without issue.

So...in short ... I think as long as your temps are good don't worry about.

3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

What kind of cooler do you have?

I have never changed, nor can I (it is an AIO) ... I've had it for 8 years without issue.

So...in short ... I think as long as your temps are good don't worry about.

OK. seems simple enough!

AIO's should never be replaced, BUT the pump normally fails before it "needs" to be replaced.

My system's cooling is not an AIO, it is all separate, I do not know the brand(s) of the pump, etc that is in it.

8 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

My system's cooling is not an AIO, it is all separate, I do not know the brand(s) of the pump, etc that is in it.

oh, that is probably a little different.  Depends really on the tubing and coolant you used plus if you have any noticeable "gunk" (corrosion/bio-growth) build-up.  Hard to say really ... though Corsair and EKWB recommends it be done yearly.

I never really look at my system, it is sitting under my desk, and is not something I look at all the time, perhaps I need to look at it one of these days!

26 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I never really look at my system, it is sitting under my desk, and is not something I look at all the time, perhaps I need to look at it one of these days!

The case have a window in it?

Personally, I would do a check on temps. If it goes up for no reason, that tells you something is wrong...

14 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

The case have a window in it?

Personally, I would do a check on temps. If it goes up for no reason, that tells you something is wrong...

Yeah it has a window, but is dark tinted, I do check the temps, no problems so far

1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

HWMonitor should see all the temps. misread...

To your case, RGB time? :D 

HWMonitor does display the temps, and yes the case is RGB :D