Mailing Machines

Hey guys!

So at work, one of our departments has been having to mail out a ton of surveys recently (20,000). I am trying to help speed up the process because they were printing envelopes via bypass tray and stuffing them by hand.

Does anyone here work with mailing machines? We are looking at buying a machine (or machines) that do the following:

1. Prints the "to address" and "return address" on envelopes via mail merge or an excel template.
  2. Folds and stuffs about 2 or 3 pages along with a return envelope

I see online that there are many options, but i guess i am looking for people who can recommend a company or model. So anyone who has been happy and can recommend someone?

Thank you!

Just out-source it, there's probably plenty of companies in your area that will do it. Here in the UK we outsource everything, just send them whatever you want to send and the dataset of addresses, much cheaper, guaranteed or your money back!

On 2/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, forster said:

Just out-source it, there's probably plenty of companies in your area that will do it. Here in the UK we outsource everything, just send them whatever you want to send and the dataset of addresses, much cheaper, guaranteed or your money back!

Yea, I suggested that.

The argument from the girl doing it, was that she gets the addresses in batches. Sometimes she gets 20, sometimes she gets 200, sometimes she gets 2,000. She felt like sending it out in batches was "too much work." 🙄

I don't want to put anyone asleep with the whole conversation, but I said that she should just collect the addresses through the week and submit an order every Friday at the end of the day. The girl doing the work didn't like that option.

It really just sounded like job security, to be honest. My director made the decision to just get her the equipment she needs to make things faster.

I found a few companies, but it's so hard to find reviews outside of their own websites.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, Mindovermaster said:

Ask your post office? They usually have the machines to do it.

thank you, i didn't know, i will look into that and it's cost, but seems like the person doing it, really wants to do it "in house"