• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Stop post screen from displaying for so long? Asus Strix x570-f

kalkal    564

I've set fast boot to be enabled, I've set the post screen to display for zero seconds.... it still shows for 3-5 seconds, my old mobo would almost instantaniously skip it (it would flash up for maybe 0.5s so you could still actually enter bios if required).

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Mockingbird    2,938

Some motherboards just have really long POST time.

Check to see if a newer BIOS has resolved this issue.

kalkal    564
13 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Some motherboards just have really long POST time.

Check to see if a newer BIOS has resolved this issue.

Na, on the latest already, I guess it just does take that long to post.

Hit the power button, it's like 5-8 seconds just blank screen, the mobo leds go through there usual cycle as expected, one of them goes white then the screen lights up, 4 seconds of boot logo and then windows loads. I mean, with the upgrade I just did, the windows load time is like 2 seconds to desktop, just wanted to shorten this bit if possible because the net difference.... is about the same as before. Why do I care so much? Because it's just nice to see a major improvement with an upgrade after 6 years, and I definitely do see it, but oh well :D

Mindovermaster    2,890
1 hour ago, kalkal said:

Na, on the latest already, I guess it just does take that long to post.

Hit the power button, it's like 5-8 seconds just blank screen, the mobo leds go through there usual cycle as expected, one of them goes white then the screen lights up, 4 seconds of boot logo and then windows loads. I mean, with the upgrade I just did, the windows load time is like 2 seconds to desktop, just wanted to shorten this bit if possible because the net difference.... is about the same as before. Why do I care so much? Because it's just nice to see a major improvement with an upgrade after 6 years, and I definitely do see it, but oh well :D

It might be something you have attached to your computer that it is trying to boot from.

Do you possibly have BOOT order set to the correct SSD? It could be booting to something else first, and taking that 5 seconds to try and boot something else.

kalkal    564
On 2/24/2020 at 1:11 AM, Mindovermaster said:

It might be something you have attached to your computer that it is trying to boot from.

Do you possibly have BOOT order set to the correct SSD? It could be booting to something else first, and taking that 5 seconds to try and boot something else.

I've turned off the boot logo to see whats happening behind, no totally normal and nothing else is bootable (nothing else is attached that can be booted from)

I had this answer from a different forum -

"Ryzen does take longer to boot than Intel systems, it has to initialize the AGESA first (i.e. the CPU and memory) before the normal BIOS process."

• Like 1

nekrosoft13    747

x570 boards do take longer. 

On my gigabyte board, latest bios did significantly decrease the time, its less than 2 seconds on post now.

goretsky    1,120

Hello,

Have you checked with your video card manufacturer to make sure that it has the latest firmware installed?  Depending upon their terminology, it may be called a BIOS or a UEFI option ROM, OpROM, or option module.  Typically, manufacturers do not make these available for direct download, so you have to contact support and open a ticket to check.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky