What have been your favorite Switch games so far?

Hey guys, João Carrasqueira here.

Just like last year, I'm working on an article to celebrate the anniversary of the Nintendo Switch. This time, there's actually two of them, and I'd like your help for one of them. Here's what I'm aiming for:

I want to make a list of the best games that have been released on the Switch for the past three years. This list is gonna have a few games chosen by myself, some chosen by you, and hopefully, some chosen by some Nintendo-focused YouTubers I'm reaching out to. The plan is to have a good, varied picture of the great games that are on the Switch, without it being focused solely on my opinion.

So here's what I'm asking from you - tell me your favorite game, or some of your favorite games, and write a couple of short sentences on why you like them. These can be indies, AAA titles, and even retro games included in the Switch Online collection. Let me know what's made you appreciate having a Switch. The games don't need to be Switch exclusives, but something you'd recommend getting on the Switch.

If the games you choose are also games I plan to include on the list, I may add your quote in addition to my own opinions, if not, they'll revolve entirely around your text.

Thanks in advance for the help, everyone!

I loved the Links Awakening remake. Some people didn't like the art style in it but I thought it fit well with the game.

edit: I never got the chance to play through the original gameboy version of the game so being able to play with updated controls/graphics is always welcome for a good classic. 

was the first game I got when I got my Switch Lite and thoroughly enjoyed beating it in a single weekend lol

Pokemon Sword/Shield are a great refresh to the pokemon series. It has some nice quality of life improvements. Can't wait for the DLCs to come out this year.

edit: I fell out of Pokemon games around Diamond/pearl due to getting bored with them. I tried Black/White, X/Y, and Sun/Moon but never beat any of them due to just getting bored part way through. Sword/Shield are the first Pokemon games I've thoroughly enjoyed again. I didn't feel like I had to grind all the time just to progress so that helped keep my attention. The story actually seemed good and kept my attention as well. The wild lands are quite the interesting concept that I like; what little grinding I did have to do was made easier by the early access to the wild lands and the areas of stronger pokemon it had. Can't wait to see how the DLCs expand the wild lands along with the new areas.

I know you didn't ask this part but a game I wish they'd release already would be a new Mario Kart. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is nice but I'd like some new tracks at this point instead of the same tracks that I played countless times on the Wii U already.

Edited by Brandon H
edited to add a couple sentences of what I liked per indospot's request

Dragon Quest 11 was really stand out for me this year, drove many hours into it. Also I think it stood apart, enough, from its previous ports due to the tweaks and extra Switch content. Graphics great, music great, really shows what a switch can do!

I'm absolutely in love with Fitness Boxing (which I use to actually exercise), and obviously Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Hey guys, thank you for your input so far. Please try to include a couple of sentences on why you like the games you mentioned. forster's submission is a good example of what I'm looking for. Keep in mind it can be a game from any year, though, and there's no worry about it being cliché, since not every popular game is necessarily something I would mention myself.

15 minutes ago, indospot said:

Hey guys, thank you for your input so far. Please try to include a couple of sentences on why you like the games you mentioned. forster's submission is a good example of what I'm looking for. Keep in mind it can be a game from any year, though, and there's no worry about it being cliché, since not every popular game is necessarily something I would mention myself.

updated my post with a few more details now that I had time to think things over :)

Hi guys, this article is set to be published within one week, so if there's anything you'd like to add, time is running out! It would be really great to have as much feedback from our community as possible.

Fav games in the switch...

1) breath of the wild

2) assassin's Creed 3 remastered

3) bulletstorm-duke of switch edition

4) Skyrim

5) Warframe

6) doom 3

So far that's my favs, I'm sure I'll add more I'm the coming  months

• 4 weeks later...

Slay the Spire and One Step From Eden...

coincidentally also the only ones I own so far!

• 3 months later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Valve's Dota 2 to drop support for 32-bit systems, DirectX 9, and OpenGL
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The mega popular multiplayer battle arena game Dota 2 is dropping support for several aging technologies like 32-bit operating systems, DirectX 9, and others soon. Valve says the changes are needed to keep the game fresh and development streamlined.

While no exact schedule was shared, the planned changes will be rolling out to the game in the coming months, with Valve saying they are beneficial changes for both the game and the Source 2 engine powering it.

Here's what's planned:

Remove support for Dota on 32-bit systems. You will need to have a 64-bit machine and OS to run Dota. Remove support for DirectX 9. Customers using DirectX 9 will instead switch to DirectX 11. Remove support for OpenGL. Customers using OpenGL will instead switch to Vulkan. Remove support for macOS versions below 10.14. Remove support for XAudio (-xaudio) and switch to using SDL Audio (-sdlaudio). "For the vast majority of players, nothing will change when these changes are implemented," Valve says. Considering the complete number of users on Steam that use 32-bit operating systems is now under half a percent, the change shouldn't affect very many Dota 2 players. 32-bit specifically has been going away for a while now across the industry, with even Windows and graphics drivers of Nvidia and AMD phasing out support.

"Most players are already benefiting from the newer technologies, whether it's via larger content sizes, higher frame rates, better graphical fidelity, or cleaner sounding audio," the developer adds. "Removing these older technologies will let us streamline our development efforts as well as use the newer features of these APIs to provide an even better Dota experience."

The information was shared in a blog alongside details on The International tournament's ticket sales and in-game HUD updates for a better spectator experience. Find the full report here. Valve encouraged players still using the mentioned aging graphics APIs and audio systems to switch over to the newer versions now and report any bugs that show up.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Valorant creator is releasing its own game launcher
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Like other game developers, Riot Games announced today that it's releasing a launcher for its games. This won't be a strictly new launcher, as the developer's games have been currently accessed using a limited version of the launcher. Going forward, users will be able to access all Riot Games' titles using a client in addition to dedicated pages for each game, which include news and events pertaining to them.

Starting September 20, the client will be initially available to most users, and all gamers will be able to access the software on October 4. This takes into consideration whether Riot Games is certain that the client is stable. Riot emphasized that existing shortcuts to games will continue to work, and the client won't significantly impact the drive space. In Riot's own words, there will also be an option "to clean up your desktop and only have one Riot Client launcher where all your favorite Riot games will live."

Riot Games also listed the reasons for releasing the launcher. It said that it wanted to save gamers the time they spend manually downloading or updating their games. Moreover, information specific to games like relevant news and updates should be available right where users most want it, the blog post read.

Riot Games has given a sneak peek of what the client will look like. Each game will have a dedicated landing page, which features relevant details. Pages will include cinematic backgrounds equipped with animations, previews of events, and relevant news while users install or patch the game.

• By Asher Madan
      Halo Infinite Brutes get much-needed makeover in leaked images
      by Asher Madan

When the Halo Infinite campaign was shown off in 2020, a lot of gamers were disappointed by the lackluster visuals. The build we saw a year ago was an early version, but that didn't stop the above-posted image of a Brute — one of the alien species you encounter in the Halo franchise — from going viral and becoming a hilarious meme.

Craig the Brute lacked a lot of detail and it was clear 343 Industries needed to polish the visuals. Today, Twisted Voxel noted that someone posted pictures that show an updated look for Brutes due to appear in Halo Infinite. They showcase Master Chief standing on top of a dead Brute. However, this Brute has much more detail on his face like warpaint, more realistic wrinkles, and facial hair. You can take a look at the images below.

We still haven't seen any new gameplay from the campaign, but 343 Industries will probably release it soon given the fact that Halo Infinite is only a few months away. These changes are definitely a step in the right direction.

Halo Infinite will launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on December 8, 2021. You can purchase it for $59.99 on the Microsoft Store, or play it through Xbox Game Pass if you're a subscriber.

• By Asher Madan
      Possible 500GB Xbox Series X|S Storage Expansion Card spotted at retailers
      by Asher Madan

It's no secret that Xbox Series X|S games are massive, and the built-in 1TB or 500GB solid-state drives fill up quite quickly if you have titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War installed. The game requires 136 GB on Xbox Series X|S and otherss like Marvel's Avengers are similar. In order to install more games, you need to purchase a Seagate Storage Expansion Card.

If you install Xbox Series X|S Optimized games on a traditional external hard drive, or another external solid-state drive that is readily available on the market, the console prompts you to transfer it to Internal Storage. In order to maintain performance, Xbox Series X|S need the speed provided by the built-in solid-state drive or the Storage Expansion Card.

Right now, there's only one 1TB Storage Expansion Card on the market that costs $219.99. However, that may be about to change. According to a report by Xboxsquad.fr, two French retailers — Innelec and Micromania — have listings for a 500GB Seagate model that may cost $149.99. This should give Xbox Series X|S owners a slightly more affordable option to increase storage space.

Keep in mind that these listings could've been made in error. We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Titan Quest Anniversary and Jagged Alliance Gold are free to claim on Steam
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

THQ Nordic is turning 10 this year, and ahead of its games showcase tomorrow the publisher has begun two classic game giveaways. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition and Jagged Alliance Gold Edition are the titles available on the weeklong Steam store offer, with the rest of the company's catalog getting deep discounts across the board.

The 2016-released Titan Quest Anniversary Edition was a 10-year celebratory release of its own, bringing the Immortal Throne expansion and a whole load of improvements and bug fixes to the original hack and slash experience. Meanwhile, Jagged Alliance is the hit 1994-released turn-based tactics experience, with the Gold edition also bringing the Deadly Games spin-off.

Both Titan Quest Anniversary Edition and Jagged Alliance Gold Edition are available to claim via their Steam store pages until September 23. While not a freebie like that duo, Mimimi Games' acclaimed Desperados III is having a free weekend promotion right now as well.

As for THQ Nordic's games showcase, six new game announcements (one perhaps already leaked by Sony) with much-awaited reveals of new sequels and new IPs, as well as ELEX II footage, and more will be present there. Geoff Keighley is hosting the event, with it kicking off tomorrow, September 17, at 9pm CEST / 12pm PST / 8pm BST across YouTube, Twitch, and Steam.