Ohhh no

I was up, I couldn't sleep, It was before 5:00 AM.

I decided, hey, what the hell, I'll install another version of linux, just for fun.

In my slightly groggy state, I typed

mkreiserfs /dev/hda1

(Instead of /dev/hdb1 :pinch: )

Now, Microsoft Windows XP Pro is using the Reiser File System. :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Is there ANY WAY I can recover my data from this drive?!?!?!?!?!?

PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry:

I will also mention here, for prosterity, NEVER TRY TO INSTALL/COMPILE LINUX BEFORE 5:00 AM!@!!!!!

:no: :( :(

THX!!!!!

I did manage to scrounge some stuff from the veery end of the drive, because I didn't just format it to reiser, I was trying to install linux by making an executable file and just let it do everything automated, with me just coming in to start the kernel compile (to set options) ... which meant I not only formatted it to Reiser, I started to format the reiser to EXT3... when I saw it starting to go to EXT3 I leaped in slow motion, matrix-style to the keybaord, in time to press CTRL+C most of the way through......

but I decided to make the best out of a problem.... and get rid of my dual-booting ways....

Now solely in Linux. :)

PS: No one try to install an operating system from a single executable.... especially before 5:00 AM..... and especially don't get lazy... I guess linux was MEANT to be installed manually :)

(Does take longer tho.... :sleep: )

btw: Thank you VERY VERY VERY much....

Managed to get my documents :happy:

It would reallly stink to write my reports again...... :happy:

Well... The journey may have been unconventional, but welcome to the world of 100% Linux! :D

I ditched my dual-booting a little over a year ago, and (to be perfectly honest) things are MUCH better for me. No more juggling of files and duplication that results from trying to manage to OSes on the same PC!

listen...you can recover every single file from that drive.

get GetDataBack software, stick the HD into a windows box and let the program do its thing. I know from personal experience that you'll recover all of your stuff.

http://www.runtime.org/

get fat32 or ntfs version, depending on whatever format you used on that drive.