• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Rope wire with a U-clip.

Bruinator    43

Guys,

I bought this wire rope 12 MM is 1/2 inch.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFTJVRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1  which was about 4 ft too long so I had to cut off one of the ends. I am wondering if this U-bolt https://www.ebay.com/itm/202822472273?ul_noapp=true  would fit the rope and form a u in the shape of the end I cut off in the 1st url?

I am pretty sure it will but I wanted other opinions so If you guys could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thx

Edited by Bruinator

Bruinator    43

Do you guys understand what I am trying to do? If yes, could I get some help plz?

Jim K    14,406

Yea ... you need a lot of them (like 6-7) for turning back 4 feet of cable though.  Why ebay ... surely your local hardware store has them and can better guide you.

Bruinator    43
41 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Yea ... you need a lot of them (like 6-7) for turning back 4 feet of cable though.  Why ebay ... surely your local hardware store has them and can better guide you.

Believe me, home depot, lowes, Ace hardware, local HD store, sears, walmart dont sell one at least an inch thick. Which in my mind is ridiculous. Also, if I am trying to lift around 100 pounds or less, why do you think I need more than 1 plz? I have used 1 clip on 3/8 inch clip without issue .

Thx for responding Jim. :)