Ipad Media streamer

hi all Ipad.thumb.PNG.e28bd381ae044087788b1663acc7039d.PNG

can anyone recommend media stIpad.thumb.PNG.e28bd381ae044087788b1663acc7039d.PNGreamer that let you stream from you nas Drive that has a layout a bit like the image

Big thanks for any help

Plex if you can run the Plex server app on your NAS (many do support this) or somewhere on your network. You would be able to stream your media locally or remotely then. 

• Like 2

thanks for the help will look into it 🧐

do you use this and can you tell me does it stop you nas from going into sleep i have read this is the case

I do use this, however I have it installed on my home server which doesn't go to sleep regardless.

That would really depends on the NAS you have, however given Plex makes your media library available 24/7 the NAS would also have to be awake for this to happen, so I suspect it would keep your NAS awake if it wasn't already.

Plex does stop your nas from going to sleep.. But who cares?  Do the math - your talking what a few pennies a day..

My nas uses like 50 watts.. So at 12 cents per kwh.. Lets say my nas could be off for 12 hours out of 24.. your talking about saving $0.072.. Is that less than a dime going to be an issue?

32 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Plex does stop your nas from going to sleep.. But who cares?  Do the math - your talking what a few pennies a day..

My nas uses like 50 watts.. So at 12 cents per kwh.. Lets say my nas could be off for 12 hours out of 24.. your talking about saving $0.072.. Is that less than a dime going to be an issue?

Not talking per hour dude ;)  That's per day.. if you could shut it off for 12 hours...

In a year your talking 26$...  If his nas even uses 50 watts, and where does he live.. Does he pay 12 cents per kwh?  Maybe he is in OK where its less than .09 per kwh?  Prob is when the box is a sleep, what if you want to stream something.. Defeats the whole purpose of having the thing if you have to go click a button ;)