Hoarding toilet paper?

How is it that those who bash people who are hoarding toilet paper on account of COVID-19 ... cannot see the actually reason for the hoarding ? The reason is that they will not have to leave their homes for toilet paper ...

i do not understand the stupid memes and insults associated with such hoarding ... when those who do the mocking do not even know the reason for the hoarding.

16 minutes ago, RNDM_STRNGR said:

image.thumb.png.9cd846a8c5bbce1aa9afefe9882548cd.png

Damn, Doc.

I tested positive for the Coronavirus?

I guess I better hop on a flight from NYC to West Palm Beach.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/jetblue-passenger-banned-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Edited by Mockingbird
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, waysidesc said:

How is it that those who bash people who are hoarding toilet paper on account of COVID-19 ... cannot see the actually reason for the hoarding ? The reason is that they will not have to leave their homes for toilet paper ...

i do not understand the stupid memes and insults associated with such hoarding ... when those who do the mocking do not even know the reason for the hoarding.

The issue is that people are only hoarding toilet paper because they are told everyone else is. Water, canned food, dried food would all seem like more logical things to hoard but the herd have decided toilet paper is the one thing you can't live without!?

4 minutes ago, Bobslay said:

The issue is that people are only hoarding toilet paper because they are told everyone else is. Water, canned food, dried food would all seem like more logical things to hoard but the herd have decided toilet paper is the one thing you can't live without!?

and you know that how ?

besides ... toilet paper is not the only thing being hoarded ... contrary to your weird statement about canned food ... and i already explained why its hoarding would be helpful to those who wish to avoid contact with other people.

1 minute ago, Bobslay said:

Great, enjoy your toilet roll, I can see we are from two different strata

not my fault you cannot accept that for what it is ... like you disregarding that toilet paper is not the only hoarded thing ...

if only it were treated with the seriousness that it deserves.

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, waysidesc said:

not my fault you cannot accept that for what it is ... like you disregarding that toilet paper is not the only hoarded thing ...

OK, pointless discussion on the web #6,456 but here we go. You were the one who said hoarding toilet paper made sense and people shouldn't mock it. The thing that we are all mocking is the fact that people are prioritizing toilet paper as the number one thing they can't live without if they are isolated. That's the item stores are running out of, not food, not water. I can't live without food or water, neither can you. I can live without toilet paper, I'd prefer not to but if I had none I wouldn't die.

So, you have to ask yourself why people have chosen this one item? The reason is because they are being told my media, their friends, that people are bulk buying it so others do too because "that must be a good idea". It's not a good idea, that's why people are mocking it. If people were panic buying everything (which, if they believe Armageddon is coming, they should) then we wouldn't be hearing/seeing the toilet roll famine of 2020. 

Capture.PNG

I have 5 cases of 80 rolls each 🤣

no I'm not joking either, I got it almost half price a year ago and figured it will get used up and it's able to be stored for long periods lol

now I just need a way to secure my house from anyone that knows I have this........ 😄

52 minutes ago, waysidesc said:

and you know that how ?

besides ... toilet paper is not the only thing being hoarded ... contrary to your weird statement about canned food ... and i already explained why its hoarding would be helpful to those who wish to avoid contact with other people.

I went out shopping last night (because it was shopping day) our local walmart was sold out of Toilet paper, paper towels, wet wipes, baby wipes, asprin, tylenol, bleach isle was bare, most sanitizing products are gone, ramen noodles were wiped out (what are we in college?) canned vegetables were running low... isopropyl alcohol was all gone, hydrogen peroixide was all gone...

i mean some of those things make sense, you are probably going to need pain meds if you get sick.. sanitizers are probably a good thing to have around but not hoard

8 minutes ago, neufuse said:

I have 5 cases of 80 rolls each 🤣

no I'm not joking either, I got it almost half price a year ago and figured it will get used up and it's able to be stored for long periods lol

now I just need a way to secure my house from anyone that knows I have this........ 😄

Whats your address again?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, neufuse said:

123 Fake Street, Springfield......

This is where that tracking chip I insert into all Neowin staff becomes handy :shifty: 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

This is where that tracking chip I insert into all Neowin staff becomes handy :shifty: 

DAMN IT STEVE

fine I'll give you one roll

• Haha 3

I should be good for toilet paper for 1.5 years. .. I also got 3lbs of crap coffee.. I Figure if the worst happens i won't be too picky.

photo_2020-03-13_16-09-20.jpg

7 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I should be good for toilet paper for 1.5 years. .. I also got 3lbs of crap coffee.. I Figure if the worst happens i won't be too picky.

photo_2020-03-13_16-09-20.jpg

Thats  enough shitwipe to last my house a week...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Thats  enough shitwipe to last my house a week...

How many asses are getting wiped? The mega pack I bought 2 times ago, lasted me from Aug 2018 to Aug 2019. The pack I just bought is on top of what I have left from what I bought a few months ago.