Video card upgrade for Intel I7 7700 or bigger upgrade to AMD Based System once again

Mindovermaster
6 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Which one?

Hmm???

When did he EVER say "5700" other than his first post? EVER?

He has his eye on the 2060 or 1660 Super. Based off that, stick with it. Don't try to sell him what he doesn't need/want.

• Facepalm 1
Mockingbird
Just now, bikeman25 said:

5700xt  was if i chosen to do a whole system upgrade, which i decided against at this time,  as Intel I7 7700,  still a great processsor, still meets my needs,   2060 Super should get me thru a few more years,   ((as no idea how long it will take to save for a future upgrade of CPU/Motherboard, and that stuff at this time))     

Think will go for 2060 Super once money arrives,  get it ordered, installed, and should be fine with it for a while i think

Any reason why?

I mean, you can upgrade to the Radeon RX 5700 XT now, and upgrade the processor/motherboard later?

Mockingbird
Just now, Mindovermaster said:

When did he EVER say "5700" other than his first post? EVER?

He has his eye on the 2060 or 1660 Super. Based off that, stick with it. Don't try to sell him what he doesn't need/want.

Oh, so he did mentioned it.

What do you have against providing information so the OP can make an informed decision?

Mindovermaster
1 minute ago, Mockingbird said:

Any reason why?

I mean, you can upgrade to the Radeon RX 5700 XT now, and upgrade the processor/motherboard later?

Right now, he isn't looking at getting the 5700, and a new processor/board.

Realize what is NOW, not "down the road".

bikeman25

Well might just be silly reason lol,   with Intel based systems always used Nvidia cards,   and with my former AMD Systems i had in the previous years always used AMD Processor and Radeon video card at that time,    I know might be even stupid reasons, but then again i don't know in the future what CPU/Motherboard i'd even upgrade to at the moment,  either another Intel based system or make the switch back to AMD based,  not entirely sure as yet

Mockingbird

Right now, he isn't looking at getting the 5700, and a new processor/board.

Realize what is NOW, not "down the road".

...and what's the problem with upgrading to the Radeon RX 5700 XT now and upgrading the processor/motherboard later?

Mindovermaster
Just now, bikeman25 said:

Well might just be silly reason lol,   with Intel based systems always used Nvidia cards,   and with my former AMD Systems i had in the previous years always used AMD Processor and Radeon video card at that time,    I know might be even stupid reasons, but then again i don't know in the future what CPU/Motherboard i'd even upgrade to at the moment,  either another Intel based system or make the switch back to AMD based,  not entirely sure as yet

Exactly. :)

• Facepalm 1
Mockingbird
3 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

There is no correlation at all.

You can use AMD video cards with AMD processors.

You can use AMD video cards with Intel processors.

You can use NVIDIA video cards with AMD processors.

You can use NVIDIA video cards with Intel processors.

Mindovermaster

...and what's the problem with upgrading to the Radeon RX 5700 XT now and upgrading the processor/motherboard later?

He WANTS a 2060 Super. Don't try turning him.

Mockingbird

He WANTS a 2060 Super. Don't try turning him.

You still haven't answered my question:

5 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

What do you have against providing information so the OP can make an informed decision?

Mindovermaster

I think he understands that, mate.... It's just how he feels, not what is true.

+Raze

Why in the world are you being so pushy and argumentative?   Back it down a bit.

• Thanks 1
bikeman25

I do understand i could use a AMD based card with Intel Processor if i wanted to,   but personal decision on that aspect if i wanna stick with Nvidia once money arrives.      Didn't wanna cause any arguments, just wanted to make informed decision, and wise choice on using the money once arrives