Disney+ on Edge = Error 83?

In the UK.

Signed up to Disney+ for the week free trial but I keep getting error 83.

Disabled uBlock Origin but same error.

Tried with Chrome, works fine.

Anything I can do to get round it or just wait for them to fix? 

If you've disabled your firewalls and everything then the servers are overloaded. Understandable at this point, you just need to keep trying.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Topham Hatt said:

Although strange that it works straight away on Chrome.

I was thinking about making a snide - and probably outdated, now - comment about Edge in the first post. But isn't it based on Chromium now? So there should be no difference between them, other than any extensions you may have installed which you pointed out are disabled for the moment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I was thinking about making a snide - and probably outdated, now - comment about Edge in the first post. But isn't it based on Chromium now? So there should be no difference between them, other than any extensions you may have installed which you pointed out are disabled for the moment.

Not necessarily.  I do not think it has been pushed out to everyone through automatic updates.  Both my desktop and notebook still have EdgeHTML.  Obviously you can download/install the chromium powered Edge manually.

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/01/15/upgrading-new-microsoft-edge-79-chromium/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Edit:  Just tried Disney+ with Edge and didn't have any issue.  So...I dunno.  If you have any extensions ... disable them.  Have you tried to load it with "InPrivate Window"