Driver Signing, or lack of!

Hi folks,

I recently purchased a Veikk A15 graphics tablet for use with Photoshop. Trouble is, when I install the driver,  Windows complains that the driver has not been digitally signed. The result of this is that pen pressure will not work inside Photoshop. 

Veikk's solution is for me to disable driver signature enforcement. So my questions for you guys are:

- why would their drivers not be digitally signed in the first place; cost perhaps?

-  I am uneasy about disabling driver signature enforcement, but should I be? Is it not really a big deal?

- should I just return it? My work have their website blacklisted for some reason. I noticed this when I tried to download their driver from my work laptop. 

Would appreciate your thoughts,

Many thanks

RAM

- why would their drivers not be digitally signed in the first place; cost perhaps?

Yes definitely.

-  I am uneasy about disabling driver signature enforcement, but should I be? Is it not really a big deal?

Windows will allow you to install every driver under the sun regardless of it being tested, stable or malicious. If you're careful you'll probably be fine but I don't recommend it.

- should I just return it? My work have their website blacklisted for some reason. I noticed this when I tried to download their driver from my work laptop.

Yes, I would argue that it's not fit for purpose. Your average user would not be disabling signed driver enforcement anyway.

2 hours ago, rageagainstmachine said:

I agree with @Human.Online return it while you can, you'll most likely regret it if you don't.

Let us know what you do either way :)