New build; no display.

I just built a new pc with an MSI X570 gaming edge wifi mobo, 2070 Super gpu, 3700x Ryzen cpu and a 750W psu. I’ve struggled for a while now but the whole computer seems to be physically functional; the only issue is that I don’t get any display on my monitor. 

I couldn’t attach the video of how my ez debug lights cycle because of size but here’s a link to it: https://youtu.be/kznBvCDKsvQ

I feel like some of it isn’t normal behaviour but I am clueless as to what the issue could be. My cables all seem to be plugged in correctly and I have tried re-seating my GPU and ram. 

For extra context, I am trying to use my pre-used hdd and ssd which Windows is on. I don’t have any fresh Windows installation usb or anything.

Note: the small fan on my mobo below/next to the gpu sockets turn off after some time (not sure if this is normal).

When you have new build and use the old installation from the HDs that will not work. Old hardware will be assigned to Windows Installation. You need to do a format. I would first look in to this. Can you see the bios boot up screen? If yes than format is the way to go and if no that there is something wrong with your graphic card.

A tour of the motherboard on the video would have been nice so we can see all your connections.

Other people are talking about that same kind of issue with that board here

17 minutes ago, Isoji said:

I just built a new pc with an MSI X570 gaming edge wifi mobo, 2070 Super gpu, 3700x Ryzen cpu and a 750W psu. I’ve struggled for a while now but the whole computer seems to be physically functional; the only issue is that I don’t get any display on my monitor. 

I couldn’t attach the video of how my ez debug lights cycle because of size but here’s a link to it: https://youtu.be/kznBvCDKsvQ

I feel like some of it isn’t normal behaviour but I am clueless as to what the issue could be. My cables all seem to be plugged in correctly and I have tried re-seating my GPU and ram. 

For extra context, I am trying to use my pre-used hdd and ssd which Windows is on. I don’t have any fresh Windows installation usb or anything.

Note: the small fan on my mobo below/next to the gpu sockets turn off after some time (not sure if this is normal).

Nothing at all appears on the monitor (even the BIOS)?  The debug LED seems appropriate.   The fan turning off is because it is going passive cooling until x temp is reached (not a problem).

Dumb question ... but just to rule it out.  Your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the HDMI header on the motherboard ... correct?

Well sorry for wasting everyone's time, I feel incredibly stupid but I indeed plugged my hdmi cable into the motherboard and not the gpu. Thanks Jim K for mentioning it, I didn't even know motherboards had hmdi ports and just assumed it was in the gpu.

For the boot however, I thought that using old ssd/hdd for Windows was doable and the only con was that you run into the risk of losing some files (which isn't an issue for me). I don't currently have any usb's or external hard drives and I no longer have access to my old pc to modify my drives which is why I'm doing what I'm doing. 

Thanks everybody for replying, I appreciate it a ton.

46 minutes ago, Isoji said:

Well sorry for wasting everyone's time, I feel incredibly stupid but I indeed plugged my hdmi cable into the motherboard and not the gpu. Thanks Jim K for mentioning it, I didn't even know motherboards had hmdi ports and just assumed it was in the gpu.

That is the #1 mistake noobs alweays make. You are not the first... :) 

56 minutes ago, Isoji said:

Don't feel stupid, we've all been there ....A LOT!  Can't count the amount of times i've done that. I still do it on occasion.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Don't feel stupid, we've all been there ....A LOT!  Can't count the amount of times i've done that. I still do it on occasion.

Guess you never learned, eh? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Isoji said:

For the boot however, I thought that using old ssd/hdd for Windows was doable and the only con was that you run into the risk of losing some files (which isn't an issue for me). I don't currently have any usb's or external hard drives and I no longer have access to my old pc to modify my drives which is why I'm doing what I'm doing. 

Thanks everybody for replying, I appreciate it a ton.

At least it was a simple fix.  🙂

• Haha 1