Stargate atlantis and sg1 casting errors

Haven't watch in a while and decided to re-watch again. 

But I rewatched stargate atlantis first before rewatching sg1. Problems with cast member are bugging me. 

For example doctor in atlantis is also plays in 1940s flash back in sg1.  By all rights he would be an old man  or died of old before atlantis. 

And they keep doing this with other cast that play different people that have no relation to atlantis. And they play in atlantis of different people. 

How does a person from different planet in sg1 become Dr weir husband on atlantis and no knowledge of the stargate

1 minute ago, therealDamien said:

Haven't watch in a while and decided to re-watch again. 

But I rewatched stargate atlantis first before rewatching sg1. Problems with cast member are bugging me. 

For example doctor in atlantis is also plays in 1940s flash back in sg1.  By all rights he would be an old man  or died of old before atlantis. 

And they keep doing this with other cast that play different people that have no relation to atlantis. And they play in atlantis of different people. 

lots of TVs shows have done things like this; especially if their budget isn't the biggest.

Only so many actors/actresses around that want to be in particular shows as well.

• Like 1

If that bugs you, wait until you watch star trek and see how many characters Jeffrey Alan Combs plays. 😄 he has a Top 9.

If a small actor is well liked and versatile they can be recast many times especially when you add prosthetics.

Companion shows often get a free pass to recast characters based on availability and give existing talent more permanent roles.

In Doctor who, he meets Gwen from torchwood and asks her if she had family from a certain place (probably London) this is a nod to the episode when that actress played a different character a few seasons prior. 😄 

I think shows tend to give us a season or two before reusing actors to allow us to disassociate from the character, if you binge watch then you may lose that detachment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

same thing in star trek ive seen actors play different minor characters in TNG, DS9, VOY etc

hell look at Tom Paris/Nicholas Locarno lol

not really a big deal tbh loads of shows do it as stated above there isn't an infinite supply of talent/actors

I think it's an utter stretch to call them a casting error.  The casting director will have absolutely know, and made the call that it diesn't matter.  Heck in some shows they even make little eater-egg jokes, as per Jack referencing MacGuyver.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic