• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

color fades at installation time

Deep_Level_Shark    6
Posted (edited)

I am starting Windows 7 installation  from CD...why the screen color fades when I boot ? 

Is it normal?   Do I need to do any configuration elsewhere e.g  BIOS or elsewhere ?

IMG_20200504_121116_resize_9.jpg

Nick H.    10,690

Umm, have you tried using a different monitor? Because that picture makes me think the screen is faulty...

Deep_Level_Shark    6
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

Umm, have you tried using a different monitor? Because that picture makes me think the screen is faulty...

Some facts ..

I already have windows 10 installed in the system ....there is no screen color  issue at all.

I also tried to run windows 7 CD from inside windows 10 system , screen color   is fine.

Now I am booting from CD at startup ....screen color looks fading as posted.

Can we conclude  screen is faulty ?  

I am replacing Windows 10 to windows 7

C:Amie    56

Does this persist once you log in? If so, it looks like the display driver is running in 265 colour.

Deep_Level_Shark    6
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, C:Amie said:

Does this persist once you log in?

see ,  I want to replace Windows 10 by Windows 7.  currently this laptop has windows 10 installed. when I use Windows 10 and log in , no color issue at all.

Now I just inserted Windows 7 CD and booted to start installation and I get to this faded color screen.  Now tell me ,  shall I go ahead with installation ? or I need any BIOS settinsg or something to fix this first and then go ahead with installation ?

C:Amie    56

Oh it's the boot DVD. You should try and explain your problem in more detail up front, otherwise we're all just wasting time guessing.

This is completely normal. Your hardware is too new for it to have a working display driver on the DVD. Until you add a display driver after install, it will look terrible.

Steven P.    16,939

This ^^ usually you can even just change the standard resolution to something more comfortable when you've booted into Windows after setup, because it will be using the standard Microsoft display driver, and then you can update the drivers yourself.

It's also always good to ensure you have the basic drivers already on hand for your hardware and the OS you intend to install, or at least research beforehand if it is going to be possible.

Sulphy    1,467

That just looks like there isnt a graphics driver available for your graphics. So it is displaying at a lower resolution and colour depth. Once you have completed the installation, and have all drivers installed, you should be fine.

• Like 2

Jim K    15,726

yea, as others have said ... continue the installation and install the graphics driver.  Kind of late to turn back now anyway...since you're already in the process of installing 7.