Ruby Rose Quits Batwoman on The CW.

I haven't watched any of it, but maybe she just didn't like the direction.    And while I get the source comic has her as a lesbian, so they're faithful to it, maybe the whole thing was becoming to political?  

I could barely make it though the first few episodes..... OTT trying to make sure they cram as much PC & encompassing everything inoffensive as possible. Not going to miss this series one bit if they just bin it already! :)

Could have been better if they just played it dark and dirty!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, George P said:

I haven't watched any of it, but maybe she just didn't like the direction.    And while I get the source comic has her as a lesbian, so they're faithful to it, maybe the whole thing was becoming to political?  

She injured herself really bad last year doing some stunts and she had to have corrective surgery done to her back to fix it. Maybe she just doesn't want to risk getting hurt anymore? Of course, since her character is behind a mask, a stunt woman can very easily do her hard work for her but I don't know. Maybe she wants more money? Who knows. I am sure the real reason she left will be known soon enough.

Have you noticed how the whole Batman thing since to be a curse when it comes to actors? The Batman films have had 5 different actors to play it and now Batwoman is going on the 2nd.

Just now, Sulphy said:

I could barely make it though the first few episodes..... OTT trying to make sure they cram as much PC & encompassing everything inoffensive as possible. Not going to miss this series one bit if they just bin it already! :)

Could have been better if they just played it dark and dirty!

I agree. I have nothing against gay people, but the whole gay relationships B.S needs to stop. Like seriously. It's like half of every episode is Lesbian drama. Same with Supergirl. When Supergirl started in CBS, it was great. Then they moved it to The CW and they began with the Lesbian relationships B.S. These are super hero shows. They need to concentrate on the super hero stuff and drop the stupid relationships drama crap that nobody gives a sh.... about. On top of that, they are supposed to be family shows. What family is going to let their kids watch two women or two men kiss and sleep with each other on TV? Come on. Like you said, they need to start getting dark and dirty and drop the damn gay drama crap. This is not the show for that kind of thing. This past season of Supergirl has been the most boring and senseless of them all. Batwoman ratings aren't exactly great so I was surprised they renewed it for another season. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

What family is going to let their kids watch two women or two men kiss and sleep with each other on TV?

Hopefully the same family that would watch a man and woman kiss and sleep with each other on TV.  Or neither.  Lesbian, Gay, Straight, Asexual relationships are all part of everyday life and as such, IF a show wishes to explore chartacter development and world building, then they should be part of that too.

My issue has nothing to do with sexuality but more to do with the need for such character development.  You're making a superhero show, not Pride and Prejudice - tone back the relationships just a bit and focus on your superhero storylines.  Take Smallville, how many episodes were about the human characters and their love interests, or even involving Kal-El as Clark (being a "human").  I don't give a rats ass, if I wanted to watch that I'd not be watching a superhero show - I accept a level of it, just don't need it to be the focus.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sulphy said:

OTT trying to make sure they cram as much PC & encompassing everything inoffensive as possible.

Interesting point that IF they feel that they are being edgy and challenging the norm by having a lesbian superhero (and I will suggest here that there was an element of that because it drives media attention - Ruby Rose was once considered an "edgy" person by some) then how can you play both sides of the coin?  You can't break norms while ensuring you offend nobody.  You end up with santisied crap.

8 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Hopefully the same family that would watch a man and woman kiss and sleep with each other on TV.  Or neither.  Lesbian, Gay, Straight, Asexual relationships are all part of everyday life and as such, IF a show wishes to explore chartacter development and world building, then they should be part of that too.

My issue has nothing to do with sexuality but more to do with the need for such character development.  You're making a superhero show, not Pride and Prejudice - tone back the relationships just a bit and focus on your superhero storylines.  Take Smallville, how many episodes were about the human characters and their love interests, or even involving Kal-El as Clark (being a "human").  I don't give a rats ass, if I wanted to watch that I'd not be watching a superhero show - I accept a level of it, just don't need it to be the focus.

That's the problem. They seem to be focusing more on the stupid relationships than on what the show is really about. I understand that they are on a limited budget and maybe these relationship B.S scenes are there to save money on visual effects heavy scenes but they need to tone them down. I don't care to see Supergirl's sister kissing and making out with her girlfriend every 15 mins. Same with Batwoman. I want to see the superhero stuff. If I wanted to see relationships drama for a whole hour, I would go watch The Young and The Restless.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

She injured herself really bad last year doing some stunts and she had to have corrective surgery done to her back to fix it. Maybe she just doesn't want to risk getting hurt anymore? Of course, since her character is behind a mask, a stunt woman can very easily do her hard work for her but I don't know. Maybe she wants more money? Who knows. I am sure the real reason she left will be known soon enough.

Have you noticed how the whole Batman thing since to be a curse when it comes to actors? The Batman films have had 5 different actors to play it and now Batwoman is going on the 2nd.

It's not really a curse in my mind.  I think it's just a case of some characters getting a payday and moving on.  The earlier movies did good box office wise but were never seen as the type of huge franchises till the Nolan trilogy really got things going.  

Agree with alot above, should be focussed on the Supe's doing their thing! Sue, some relationship kinda stuff to fluff the story line, but not constant relationship angst and whining! 

And also to echo i dont care about their orientation or anything, just give us the show it was supposed to be.

If they followed the kind of format, as for example, The Boys... plenty  dirty supe's action, and some fluff, thats fine. 

There is enough rubbish 90% of the show relationship drama shows already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

I understand that they are on a limited budget and maybe these relationship B.S scenes are there to save money on visual effects heavy scenes

Interesting, you could be right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulphy said:

but not constant relationship angst and whining! 

Going back a bit, but season 5 of Buffy.  She was basically crying and whining and essentially NOT slaying vampires every episode.  It was about her dealing with loss, everyone suddenly making out.  Basically, not the show that the premise was built around.

Showrunners should take a step back and ask:

1. What is this show called?
  2. What is it's core premise?

If it's called "People having relationships and sometimes they also fight crime in costumes" then they are doing well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Going back a bit, but season 5 of Buffy.  She was basically crying and whining and essentially NOT slaying vampires every episode.  It was about her dealing with loss, everyone suddenly making out.  Basically, not the show that the premise was built around.

Showrunners should take a step back and ask:

1. What is this show called?
  2. What is it's core premise?

If it's called "People having relationships and sometimes they also fight crime in costumes" then they are doing well.

Geesh dude! Buffy........ that is going back some, and there was only 1 reason young teenage boys watched Buffy ;)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sulphy said:

there was only 1 reason young teenage boys watched Buffy

Genuinely never found SMG attractive.  Literally had a row with my GF at the time - she didn't believe me and was all "Stop lying to me, it doesn't matter if you fancy her, just don't lie to me".

• Haha 2

This is what I miss. This type of Superhero stuff. It seems they have run out of money to create scenes like this and are now shoving lesbian drama up our noses just to keep us distracted.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic