Cannot view data usage in settings

Richard C.

As topic title says, the setting app itself opens and works fine, however when I ever I try and click "data usage" the app closes silently.

A log is shown of it now workning in reliability, and I've posted it here.

setting-error.thumb.png.f9a31b3a930346bc95c9796cc48ab3ac.png

I've tried running dism and it says it found no corruption, I've tried using an alternate user account, and I've tried using the windows update troubleshooter, they all say everything is fine. 

Any idea on what to do next?

waysidesc

refresh the PC ?

+virtorio

1. Try disabling network adapters in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections" and accessing the Data Usage section again to see if it's a certain device that's causing the issue.

2. You could run the following command from an elevated command prompt to clear current usage data, to see if that solves it (assuming you don't need to see the current data)

powershell -windowstyle hidden -command "Start-Process cmd -ArgumentList '/s,/c,net stop DPS > NUL 2>&1 & DEL /F /S /Q /A "%windir%\System32\sru\*" & net start DPS > NUL 2>&1' -Verb runAs"

3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Network device drivers. 

Richard C.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Sadly nothing seems to get this to work, and I've seen problems with other MS store apps as well, so I've  decided to use the recovery page to install a fresh copy of  Windows, all seems to be fine now. However I'll bookmark this page in case this happens again.

I have unlimited data so it's not particularly important, but it's more concerning as to why it happened

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Premgenius
      I wasn't able to find anything useful, in terms of how to hide/remove the File Size and File Type shown under the File name when Windows Explorer is set to Tiles view, any suggestions?

• By Stoffel
      Hi guys, it's been a while.
      I'm looking for some information about using Storage Spaces in Windows 10 with USB3 external drives.
      At the moment i have 3 HD's storing my Movies and TV series., I do have a bunch of extra USB3 HD's not in use. those 3 HD's contain about 6TB of data.

I'm wondering if it's worth putting all these HD's into a Storage Pool with Parity so if one HD would crash i can recover everything easy. Just as some form of extra security.

I'm aware that this is not the ideal backup situation, or  that there are better option by going with a NAS. I'm not interested in that discussion at the moment, they are all to expensive :) I'm just looking for some info from people using Storage Spaces with parity that can confirm that it actually works reliably over time.

Anybody here that has experience with Storage Spaces in Win 10 with USB3 HD's? Please give me your opinion!
    • By farmeunit
      I have never seen this before and I'm waiting to hear from the company that does our imaging software, as well.

We have a blocked inheritance OU for a temporary location during imaging to stop policies from interfering with anything, then they're moved to an OU with basic policies until moved to their final location.  This have worked fine for 2 years.  I have one cart that started out as two laptops that had issues.  I re-imaged them and everything was fine.  I needed to do the whole care anyway, so re-imaged those.  I held back 3 to finish updates and all 3 of them exhibit the same issue.  I can DM the files to someone if the want to see them. 

Basically, in the bad one, it has this:D

The good one this:

They are not in that OU any longer, so I don't know why it not pulling the GPOs.  It's actually pulling computer GPO, but not User GPOs.

I have tried removing/adding computers to the domain, but nothing changes.  I tried deleting the security database from machine and did a GPUDATE /FORCE and nothing changes.

Also:
      The Block Inheritance flag is only difference in GPRESULT in that section.
    • By Dutchie64
      Hi all,

Playing around with Cortana on my WIn10 PC, and running into some Cortana related issues. Everything in the Settings app and Cortana is configured and working as far as I can tell...

First one is Calendar related:
      I'm running the Win10 Calendar app, and using my Google account for the appointments etc. I also added Cortana to add reminders for me,. All this works fine.
      If I now ask Cortana for my schedule for say the next day, it finds results and gives me a list.
      But it ONLY shows me the name of the Calendar entry, no time block or even the day, e.g. just 'Appointment X'. This makes it useless when you have multiple appointments for one, and no time table finishes it off.

Odd things is also that the Calendar entries ( in month view) are shown as  " 19 GymTime " . Hovering over it will give you the popup with a more correct " date - GymTime 19 - 20 " overview.
      Clicking on  a day gives me a full overview of appointments with the correct start/end times too.
      It looks like some of the information is lost for Cortana?

Funny detail is that Cortana on my phone DOES show me a nice overview of dates, time (in e.g. 19:00-20:00) and appointment entry.
      Same Calendar data form Google, same MS account, same Cortana.... Jay Android?

Second one is Music:
      I cannot seem to link Cortana to Groove, only online services are listed under the Music notebook. I CAN start Groove via Cortana, but cannot let Groove play an artist or alike via a Cortana request.
      Anyone has a trick for this?

cheers for any tips,

rob
    • By storalta
      cd C:\PSTools\ psexec \\%%a -u ###### -p ##### cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_active_x.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_plugin.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_ppapi.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\jre1.8.0_171.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\jre1.8.0_171_64.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /p "\\computer\c$\temp\AcroRdrDCUpd1801120055.msp" /quiet /norestart" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.msi" /quiet /norestart" md "\\%%a\c$\temp" copy "\\computer\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe" "\\%%a\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password "\\%%a\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe" -ms copy "\\computer\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe" "\\%%a\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe" psexec \\%%a -u user -p password "\\%%a\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe" /S I'm having a problem with the above code on computers that have Windows 10 1803. This script works fine on Windows 10 1709 and earlier as well as Windows 7. The only error I get when I run this on 1803 is Error 1603. I've tried the various fixes online with no success (sorry, don't remember the exact links to link to them all). Checking event viewer, I see error 1719 for each application ("The windows installer service could not be accessed"). Services shows the service running. I've restarted the service with same results.

%%a is the target computer and read from a txt file containing a list of computers. The user is also an administrator on both the source and target computers. This portion is not the problem.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what gives?