• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Share if your Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) is blocked

Jim K    15,701
On 6/20/2020 at 4:28 PM, Jim K said:

It was blocked on my desktop until yesterday.

Tried to install it but it failed with error 0xc1900223

Now it doesn't show up through Windows update.

Which is fine, whatever.  This desktop is going to be retired whenever nvidia releases their next gen GPUs.  8 years is a good run (built June 2012).

Now this shows in Windows Update on my desktop...slightly different than the previous verbiage:

Capture.thumb.PNG.115e41e21d648155c8d114131d38f1c3.PNG

George P    6,451
15 hours ago, Jim K said:

Now this shows in Windows Update on my desktop...slightly different than the previous verbiage:

Capture.thumb.PNG.115e41e21d648155c8d114131d38f1c3.PNG

That's what I've seen in WU since the start.   Following the link from Learn More is just a headache if you ask me.   If it's blocked on your system for a reason they should tell you what that reason is instead of having you try and guess.

• Like 1

Steven P.    16,901
1 minute ago, Position said:

Everythigs is working perfectly.

Great! and Welcome to Neowin! :D

BTW I also updated for the GPU scheduling feature and all good here too so far.

waysidesc    857

Samsung Series 7 DP700A3B ( DP700A3B-A02US ) discussed here not yet compatible ... but it already seems to struggle graphically with 1903 and all the Fluent and what have you ... at least at its native resolution and with an HDD ...

erpster3    42
Posted (edited)

2004 blocked on my old HP desktop computer using onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 hardware & nvidia 309.08 graphics driver [this was expected behavior by MS].

maybe I'll have to buy a newer nvidia graphics card (at least a GT/GTX 400 series or better like GT 430) that uses a compatible driver higher than v358

George P    6,451

My work PC, which I kept on 1809 on purpose so as not to break any of the finicky work apps I use, got pushed to 1909 yesterday, so that's another PC which isn't getting 2004 at this point, along with my gaming PC.  I'll have to check my laptop later, that's on 1909 as well atm.

George P    6,451

Ok, my gaming desktop finally got 2004, so that's one system down.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.388]

• Like 1

George P    6,451

Small little update since I've been using 2004 on my gaming PC, I could be just imagining things but apps, specially any of the default UWP ones, do open faster.  Actually I think much of the OS itself has improved performance compared to 1909.  They did quite a bit of core OS work going from 19xx to 20xx.

Steven P.    16,901
2 minutes ago, George P said:

Small little update since I've been using 2004 on my gaming PC, I could be just imagining things but apps, specially any of the default UWP ones, do open faster.  Actually I think much of the OS itself has improved performance compared to 1909.  They did quite a bit of core OS work going from 19xx to 20xx.

Hmm I doubt it, in fact since the update I have noticed quite a bit of stuttering in Quake Champions (via Steam) to the extent I have been hunting how to speed things up a bit. I am on the latest drivers and I disable/close apps and programs I don't need (like Chrome and so forth) before launching the game. I never had these problems with 1909.

George P    6,451
2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Hmm I doubt it, in fact since the update I have noticed quite a bit of stuttering in Quake Champions (via Steam) to the extent I have been hunting how to speed things up a bit. I am on the latest drivers and I disable/close apps and programs I don't need (like Chrome and so forth) before launching the game. I never had these problems with 1909.

Not a game I've played so I can't say if it's the game, the OS, drivers, or some mix of things.   I've been killing time playing Madden 20, yeah I know, but I miss football.  And it's running just as well as it did on 1909.    I'm about to drop it though and play something else, dunno what's up next from my backlog but maybe Watch Dogs 2 since I just got it for free.  We'll see how that one goes.

• Like 1

Jaybonaut    225

Still waiting, yes I am blocked via WU.

I'm guessing it might be because my motherboard has bluetooth?

Steven P.    16,901
41 minutes ago, Jaybonaut said:

Still waiting, yes I am blocked via WU.

I'm guessing it might be because my motherboard has bluetooth?

NOPE. Mine has Bluetooth too but you can check if your Intel chipset (including bluetooth) is up to date here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html Wasn't there still a block in place for certain AMD setups?

waysidesc    857

The Samsung Series 7 DP700A3B ( DP700A3B-A02US ) is finally offered the update ... but I am afraid to install it due to the performance of the Microsoft Search in the shell. I hate that thing.

zhangm    1,398

Blocked:

image.thumb.png.f5e2d9860304a534ccade8cdd87ee22d.png

I've had an update block before due to a hardware dongle driver, but this computer was more or less a fresh install within the last two months (though using an older installation USB that I made). Given my prior experience, I can understand how a third-party may be responsible for delaying an update (TBH I would have been more ****ed if the update had gone through and then I couldn't use said equipment) but I also think that at least when their own devices are involved MS could be giving their customers more information about why the update is being blocked on the device.

Edited by zhangm
  • Like 1