Does anyone know how I can read a kindle book (purchased through Amazon) in Calibre?

I know that the kindle books are DRM encoded, but my intention is to simply be able to read the purchased kindle book in Calibre as opposed to Amazon's Kindle for PC. From what I have been able to discern so far is that there's a bunch of programs that supposedly remove the DRM, but each of those programs seem to be selling for $29.99 and I am not wanting to put money out for a program that may or may not work. So does anyone know of a way I can do this?

2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I know that the kindle books are DRM encoded, but my intention is to simply be able to read the purchased kindle book in Calibre as opposed to Amazon's Kindle for PC. From what I have been able to discern so far is that there's a bunch of programs that supposedly remove the DRM, but each of those programs seem to be selling for $29.99 and I am not wanting to put money out for a program that may or may not work. So does anyone know of a way I can do this?

You would have to strip the DRM.  Unfortunately, such discussions aren't allowed here.

Discussions involving warez, cracks, security circumvention, using torrents for downloading copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited

Locked.

• Jim K locked this topic