Protester bled from his ear after being shoved by police — cops say he ‘tripped’

21 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I cannot believe people on here are actually trying to legitimise police officers in full riot gear shoving a man, probably in his 80's to the ground then showing no concern whatsoever for his health AS HE BLEEDS FROM HIS EAR, they were less than half his age and just strolled off leaving him lying in a pool of his own blood!!! A MAN IN HIS 80'S!!!!

What in the hell is wrong with you? What the hell has happened to your country?!

Where is the decency?

This reads to me like, "Don't attempt to understand a situation, just be mad about it." A page out of the modern playbook of passing judgement before we can even understand what happened. You can wonder where the "decency" went, but personally this kind of reaction doesn't help anyone.

Especially since what you said here has been, multiple times, demonstrated to be untrue (specifically showing no concern for his health). Several people have pointed it out in this thread and still it seems nobody cares that you can not only hear in the video they call for a medic but also two men stop and start to assist him shortly after. But I guess those facts don't matter here.

• Facepalm 2
  • Thanks 1

People causing violence and those assaulting and killing others are too blame for lots of what is getting our of control. Cops are being shot and targeted, people  being killed for defending their property or getting shot after going to their car after protesting peacefully.  People need to calm down or else things may get worse. 

6 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

I cannot believe people on here are actually trying to legitimise police officers in full riot gear shoving a man, probably in his 80's to the ground then showing no concern whatsoever for his health AS HE BLEEDS FROM HIS EAR, they were less than half his age and just strolled off leaving him lying in a pool of his own blood!!! A MAN IN HIS 80'S!!!!

What in the hell is wrong with you? What the hell has happened to your country?!

Where is the decency?

Whats wrong with the US? Well, lets just take a look at the idiot in charge. I mean, people see their leader do vile, nasty things and its accepted as the norm so they believe its fine for them to do as well.

7 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Where is the decency?

The topic already lists his age as 75. You don't need to add more years to the poor guy. 

It seems to me, that all the police had to do, if they wanted to get him out of the way, was to lift him by his underarms and move him to the side. If they really felt the need to arrest him, they could have let the cops behind them handle that. Shoving a senior citizen in that way is inexcusable to me, unless that person is being extremely violent. This guy wasn't.

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

Why did the 75 year old guy approach the police? It did not look like a "Killer" shove. It did look like a "Back up" shove.

Judging by the video it Looked more like he approached the police, the police didn't approach him.

So approaching a cop is now a crime deserving of being shoved out of the way? :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Nothing has happened to our country. D*cks come in all nationalities.

Yes, that is true but not all nations proclaim themselves to be the pillars of democracy and freedom like the U.S does. To be watching what has happened in the U.S since Trump was elected in 2016 has been eye opening and a realization the moral pillars America portrays to the world may be nothing more than a house of cards.

This November will decide how the world views not just America but the values she claims to hold.

2 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Whats wrong with the US? Well, lets just take a look at the idiot in charge. I mean, people see their leader do vile, nasty things and its accepted as the norm so they believe its fine for them to do as well.

Exactly right. Monkey see, monkey do!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

They immediately call for a medic to help him. Do you want all the officers to stop doing their jobs and help the guy or have the people who's job it is help the guy do the helping?

Why did you say all the officers?  Why not the one that actually knocked him down in the first place or another cop?  There were plenty of them there and there was only one other protester within the area so they could have easily spared one or two cops for a mere 2 minutes.

13 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

Making it personal doesn't help anything.

Yes, it does.  I bring light to the abuse done by a cop.  It makes us humans and not automatons'.

6 hours ago, Circaflex said:

The issue people are protesting and rioting a bout is not limited to the current Administration.  This has been happening before 2016.  Even before the Rodney King incident in 1991.  And now that everyone has a cell phone, we are seeing more and more videos of it happening.  It just keeps happening and people are getting more and more upset by it.  And rightfully so.  This has been an issue in the US for decades and just did not come about during the last 4yrs. 

This also goes for mass shootings and other incidents.  Problems that should have been address a loooong time ago but keep getting ignored.  It is a big deal when something happens but as soon as things calm down, it is no longer that important until the next incident.  Shall see if this time is any different.

People acting the way they are is nothing new.

Edited by techbeck

Alice Marie Johnson speaks out against 'defund the police' movement: 'I just don't think that's a good idea'

Criminal justice reform advocate Alice Marie Johnson, who was released from federal prison in June 2018 after her life sentence was commuted by President Trump, spoke out Monday against calls to defund the police, telling "Hannity" that officers don't deserve to be labeled negatively "the same way I didn't want a label put on me as a bad person."

"I have had family members who are police officers," Johnson told host Sean Hannity, "and I know that they don't want that label put on them the same way I didn't want a label put on me as a bad person. I made a mistake, my first ever, [and] I was marked for dead."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alice-marie-johnson-defunding-police-not-good

https://news.yahoo.com/alice-marie-johnson-rejects-calls-021054175.html

Seriously this man is ###### delusional....

5 hours ago, Jumping Jacinta said:

Yes, that is true but not all nations proclaim themselves to be the pillars of democracy and freedom like the U.S does. To be watching what has happened in the U.S since Trump was elected in 2016 has been eye opening and a realization the moral pillars America portrays to the world may be nothing more than a house of cards.

This November will decide how the world views not just America but the values she claims to hold.

You place way too much emphasis on our idiots in government being the values of “America”. As a whole, the people are not like that, but as I mentioned earlier....

Our election system is just as screwed up as they are. 

57 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Alice Marie Johnson speaks out against 'defund the police' movement: 'I just don't think that's a good idea'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alice-marie-johnson-defunding-police-not-good

https://news.yahoo.com/alice-marie-johnson-rejects-calls-021054175.html

She sure talked a lot without saying much....this struck me as she doesn't really understand "Defund the Police" ...

"I would like to know that if I'm having trouble, that I can call on the public servants and the police and that they will protect me and my family. So I just don't think that's a good idea."

The "movement" isn't to remove the police force ... it is to invest more into the community (education, housing, mental health...services that shouldn't require a man/woman with a gun, etc) and to shrink the roles of the police...so they can focus on crimes and reduce the demands placed on the police.

You wouldn't know this by watching the likes of Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity.  They want you to believe that "Defund the Police" means to abolish the police...which isn't the case.  

Would such a thing work?  No idea.  Can we do better than what we have now...I would hope so.

23 minutes ago, primortal said:

Heartless, immature cruel brat.  I don't really hate many people...but this dude....😡

6 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

So approaching a cop is now a crime deserving of being shoved out of the way? :rolleyes: 

Can we at least agree contrary to what the article says he approached them not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Can we at least agree contrary to the article says he approached the m not the other way around.

And achieve what?

They were advancing in the direction he was coming from.  He was advancing in the direction they were coming from.  Who moved first?  Who moved the most?  Who moved the fastest?  What does it even matter - what does that argument achieve?

I have approached police before.  Which is absolutely normal.  Are we meant to consider the police forces being unapproachable a norm?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Can we at least agree contrary to the article says he approached the m not the other way around.

Hey, if you want to argue that the cops approached the man and then shoved him over out of the way, that's even WORSE!

20 hours ago, Human.Online said:

I think you misread who o was asking for a source. I know this happened and I’m asking for a source on the assertion that “he is always at every protest”

Oops! Sorry about that then. I misunderstood your post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Human.Online said:

I have approached police before.  Which is absolutely normal.  Are we meant to consider the police forces being unapproachable a norm?

Not condoning any actions or anything but I have approached police before no issues.  However, I have not tried to when tensions are so high all around.  Or at a time when cops are being targeted/ambushed.   Been 17 people killed and many more hurt.  People need to calm down or else there will be more.

7 hours ago, Jim K said:

She sure talked a lot without saying much....this struck me as she doesn't really understand "Defund the Police" ...

"I would like to know that if I'm having trouble, that I can call on the public servants and the police and that they will protect me and my family. So I just don't think that's a good idea."

The "movement" isn't to remove the police force ... it is to invest more into the community (education, housing, mental health...services that shouldn't require a man/woman with a gun, etc) and to shrink the roles of the police...so they can focus on crimes and reduce the demands placed on the police.

You wouldn't know this by watching the likes of Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity.  They want you to believe that "Defund the Police" means to abolish the police...which isn't the case.  

Would such a thing work?  No idea.  Can we do better than what we have now...I would hope so.

Heartless, immature cruel brat.  I don't really hate many people...but this dude....😡

That is absolutely insane.

12 minutes ago, Dan~ said:

As with all protesters, stay at home and stay safe.

If he was at home this wouldn’t of happened, simple as that

Oh please... It's his right... RIGHT... to protest. Nothing else you say matters. You clearly shouldn't be talking about things you clearly know nothing about.

8 hours ago, primortal said:

Spreading Russian propaganda? Who knew that Trump would spread RUSSIAN propaganda?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dan~ said:

Right down there with, “if she didn’t wear that, she wouldn’t have been raped” logic. Equally bad too. 

9 minutes ago, Dan~ said:

So, people should just shut up and color and accept things as they are?

Just now, Jim K said:

So, people should just shut up and color and accept things as they are?

I thought people like this hate when others are "sheep", yet here they are... telling you to be a sheep...