0365 using wrong account...??

So my company was bought and all of our email was migrated to a new 0365 environment.   Same email and pass.

I went to settings/accounts and removed all old account profiles.  Did the same in cred manager.  Then I launched word, enter my email/pass, and says no devices found to be activated.   So I go in to settings/accounts and add my work account.  That added fine, showed my company logo, and accepted my password.  But the desktop apps are not activating.

I accessed a PC I never logged on to 0365 and that work just fine.  All my apps activated and showed the correct info.  And on both machines, I could logon to the 0365 web portal and access my online apps just fine.  So not sure what is going on with my main system and why it will not activate.  I removed/reinstalled office and did all the basic stuff.

Just to clarify, do you also have a personal Microsoft account on your machine? Sometimes O365 will pick the wrong one and try to activate with it which will fail if it's not an O365 subscribed account.

If you open Word go to File > Account and check which account is being used on the "Product Information" side to ensure it's your work account.

Both are work accounts using the same email/password to logon.  We moved out O365 instance in to a new/separate instance from our parent company.  I can logon to the O365 portal and see I have a license, but when I try to logon to my account on my PC, It says it could not detect and licenses.

I have 1 machine that shows licensed but 3 are showing cannot detect.  Seems like I am the only one so far having the issue.  One drive connects to the new instance just fine.

Capture.PNG

Edited by techbeck

14 hours ago, techbeck said:

Both are work accounts using the same email/password to logon.  We moved out O365 instance in to a new/separate instance from our parent company.  I can logon to the O365 portal and see I have a license, but when I try to logon to my account on my PC, It says it could not detect and licenses.

I have 1 machine that shows licensed but 3 are showing cannot detect.  Seems like I am the only one so far having the issue.  One drive connects to the new instance just fine.

Capture.PNG

That's interesting. May be worth asking the O365 administrator to remove and reapply the license to your account.

7 hours ago, Vince800 said:

That's interesting. May be worth asking the O365 administrator to remove and reapply the license to your account.

Tried that already.  We have a call logged with MS. 

5 hours ago, techbeck said:

Tried that already.  We have a call logged with MS. 

Yes probably the best thing to do, definitely seems like an account related issue since you've said it's more than one machine being unable to activate.

In my experience I've had to wait up to 24 hours for license changes to take effect in the past (but not every time).