Firefox 0.8

Noticed that yesterday also. Tried to download it then so I could explain to my bro how to set up the mail. Sure hope the browser is faster than the site!! Although after I get it and set him up, I'm removing it. Prefer Opera WAY more!!

Edit:

Am I seeing correctly? There is NO e-mail in this browser? POS!! Click, uninstalled!!

Firefox is a standalone web browser. Thunderbird is its sister mail application.

hrm , iwas out all weekend. just downloaded new 0.8 firefox. installed it...but where the heck did my fwd/back buttons go? they simply disappeared... :(

hrm , iwas out all weekend. just downloaded new 0.8 firefox. installed it...but where the heck did my fwd/back buttons go? they simply disappeared... :(

ur probably using a custom theme. 0.8 doesn't support the old themes. u'll have to use the default theme for now untill authors update it. see my post a bit above for a link that has some 0.8 themes

I see they didn't fix this bug (it's been one for a while now)... :cry:

A-Z sort order for the bookmark menu.

Actually, this option has been in it for a long time. You just didn't see it.

If you click on Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks, you'll be presented with a window.

In the menu in this new window (the bookmark manager), choose View -> A>Z Sort Order, now your bookmarks (and folders) will be sorted alphabetically.

Noticed that yesterday also. Tried to download it then so I could explain to my bro how to set up the mail. Sure hope the browser is faster than the site!! Although after I get it and set him up, I'm removing it. Prefer Opera WAY more!!

Edit:

Am I seeing correctly? There is NO e-mail in this browser? POS!! Click, uninstalled!!

So very ill informed about all things Mozilla. :sleep:

That way of sorting doesn't count in my opinion.

What they need is a way to sort which leaves all the folders at the top but sorts the links by A-Z.

Awesome , but the Download is very Slow , cant anyone Make a torrent file of this??!!!

i am downloading @5Kb , gonna wait :/ .

this broweser is getting better and better :D

and i like the new name alot :yes:

Quote from Mozilla Firefox Release Notes:

First, if you are running an old version of Firebird or Phoenix, visit the Extensions panel in Tools, Options and disable all of your extensions. If you cannot disable extensions, you must create a new profile before upgrading to Firefox 0.8. If you do not do this, your browser may not work, and you may receive messages like "Cannot create XBL Binding for Browser" or "Cannot create Browser Instance". You must now look for newer versions of your extensions that are described explicitly as being compatible with Firefox 0.8.

Hope this solves some problems. Great browser btw