Razer mouse randomly stops working

I bought an Razer Mamba Hyperflux mouse and it has a very annoying issue where I can be in the middle of using it, and it suddenly stops operating for s few seconds, then it resumes. It remains lit up the whole time, but it reminds me of when I had the Logitech wireless mouse, and its battery would be low, except on the Razer there is no battery indicator, so I am not sure where the problem is.

Like I said with your Logitech, I think your receiver is too far away. If the reciever is on the back of the case, move it to the front.

Is that Razer still under warranty?

The Razer does not have a receiver like the logitech did, it is simply a wireless charging mat plugged in via USB, and yes it is still under warranty

Ah, OK. You trying ask Razer about your issue? If they can't help, then I'd RMA it.

19 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Ah, OK. You trying ask Razer about your issue? If they can't help, then I'd RMA it.

That will be my next step, I was just asking here if anyone had any similar experience.

Hello,

Have you checked with Razer support to see if newer firmware is available?  I did note this:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=843&pcid=802&nav=0,76,802

But I'm unsure if that is for your exact model.  And it is a couple of years old.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

1 hour ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Have you checked with Razer support to see if newer firmware is available?  I did note this:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=843&pcid=802&nav=0,76,802

But I'm unsure if that is for your exact model.  And it is a couple of years old.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

That is not the model I am using, and searching Razer support is very slow right now, but I did find an option within the control software to reset the mouse, so I went ahead and did that, I'll see if it makes any difference

• 2 months later...

So i have a Razer Naga and had similar issue's. What I found was that my USB port's in general where pulling to much power and to much power from the incorrect ports, so the mouse would on occasion stop moving, or would only move in a specific direction (left/right, top/bottom) for a few seconds.

I had tried everything from polling frequency to mat calibration and all that.

In the end, i resolved it by organising my USB devices (lots of HDD's etc) to use the appropriate USB ports, i had stupid things on my side like a 4 port USB 3 hub filled with external drives plugged into my USB 2 slot, and was then accessing them.

A stupid thing like caused my issue, and it took me forever and a day to find it, possibly could be similar to your issue.

47 minutes ago, Jonathans said:

So i have a Razer Naga and had similar issue's. What I found was that my USB port's in general where pulling to much power and to much power from the incorrect ports, so the mouse would on occasion stop moving, or would only move in a specific direction (left/right, top/bottom) for a few seconds.

I had tried everything from polling frequency to mat calibration and all that.

In the end, i resolved it by organising my USB devices (lots of HDD's etc) to use the appropriate USB ports, i had stupid things on my side like a 4 port USB 3 hub filled with external drives plugged into my USB 2 slot, and was then accessing them.

A stupid thing like caused my issue, and it took me forever and a day to find it, possibly could be similar to your issue.

Cool! Thanks for the suggestion. In my case I have discovered that if have my big bubba cup, which is stainless steel, on the pad, then I get the random disconnects

• Facepalm 1

So by any chance, are you running the new version of the razer software? I had this happen and it was because I was using the new software on a mouse that only supported version 2.0 of the software, silly I know, but reverting solved my issues.

19 hours ago, Circaflex said:

So by any chance, are you running the new version of the razer software? I had this happen and it was because I was using the new software on a mouse that only supported version 2.0 of the software, silly I know, but reverting solved my issues.

I do believe that I am using the new version, but even without the cup sitting next to it, I am having random power downs from the mouse.