• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Razer mouse randomly stops working

jnelsoninjax    14,159

I bought an Razer Mamba Hyperflux mouse and it has a very annoying issue where I can be in the middle of using it, and it suddenly stops operating for s few seconds, then it resumes. It remains lit up the whole time, but it reminds me of when I had the Logitech wireless mouse, and its battery would be low, except on the Razer there is no battery indicator, so I am not sure where the problem is.

Mindovermaster    3,436

Like I said with your Logitech, I think your receiver is too far away. If the reciever is on the back of the case, move it to the front.

Is that Razer still under warranty?

jnelsoninjax    14,159
Posted (edited)

The Razer does not have a receiver like the logitech did, it is simply a wireless charging mat plugged in via USB, and yes it is still under warranty

Mindovermaster    3,436

Ah, OK. You trying ask Razer about your issue? If they can't help, then I'd RMA it.

jnelsoninjax    14,159
19 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Ah, OK. You trying ask Razer about your issue? If they can't help, then I'd RMA it.

That will be my next step, I was just asking here if anyone had any similar experience.

goretsky    1,183

Hello,

Have you checked with Razer support to see if newer firmware is available?  I did note this:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=843&pcid=802&nav=0,76,802

But I'm unsure if that is for your exact model.  And it is a couple of years old.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

jnelsoninjax    14,159
1 hour ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Have you checked with Razer support to see if newer firmware is available?  I did note this:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=843&pcid=802&nav=0,76,802

But I'm unsure if that is for your exact model.  And it is a couple of years old.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

That is not the model I am using, and searching Razer support is very slow right now, but I did find an option within the control software to reset the mouse, so I went ahead and did that, I'll see if it makes any difference

• Like 1