Device Manager

In Windows 8.1> My Computer >  Device Manager , I see this. See the red arrow. It does not show any connections.

byS4VhN.png

Laptop model HP pavilion 15 N012tx

Question Which driver software I need to install ? 

I did some investigation myself and  visited this link  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/5446912 and found these drivers .

Do you think it is a LAN driver issue ? Do I require to install LAN driver from here ? What is your diagnosis ?

wALuqAK.png

50 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Realtek is usually plug and play...

All recent hardware is. 
Plug and play doesn’t mean you don’t need drivers, it means you do not have to manually assign and manage resources and things like interrupt requests for it in the OS. 

23 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

All recent hardware is. 
Plug and play doesn’t mean you don’t need drivers, it means you do not have to manually assign and manage resources and things like interrupt requests for it in the OS. 

Isn't that what I meant? Guess those words have different meanings, huh...

But... your computer's site (HP for example) is not the best place for drivers. You should go to the manufacturer's website. (Realtek in this example) for the latest driver.

I know, I'm an old 98/2000 junkie, when those older drivers came on a CD... 🤣

40 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Isn't that what I meant? Guess those words have different meanings, huh...

But... your computer's site (HP for example) is not the best place for drivers. You should go to the manufacturer's website. (Realtek in this example) for the latest driver.

I know, I'm an old 98/2000 junkie, when those older drivers came on a CD... 🤣

Pfft CD?! try floppy!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

If you right-click on each device missing a driver in Device Manager, view its Properties panel and go the Details tab, you should see a property listed there on the drop-down control for Hardware IDs, with the value listed below for the hardware.  Searching on that value will usually turn up the name of the missing device driver.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

8 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

If you right-click on each device missing a driver in Device Manager, view its Properties panel and go the Details tab, you should see a property listed there on the drop-down control for Hardware IDs, with the value listed below for the hardware.  Searching on that value will usually turn up the name of the missing device driver.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

THIS! My money is on at least a card reader and a HP 3D DriveGuard, some other HP device driver and a wifi device driver.