Donald Trump - 45th President of the United States

+primortal
3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

The problem with those two pictures is that they are not given any content. Were they taken at the exact same time or were they taken at different times? The Trump one could have been taken hours before or after the ceremonies while the Obama one could have been taken right in the middle of.

Some context, http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/20/14332462/photos-crowd-trump-inauguration-vs-obama

• Like 1

Mando

I hope for all our sakes globally and for the US populace, that he surprises us all and does a good job. Ill give him a fair chance and an open mind.

I genuinely wish him the best of luck, $29 trillion dollars of debt is more than my head can measure and I cant even begin to imagine how he will tackle that. Its a huge task and job, kudos to him for thinking hes up to it, in his 70s.

I personally think hes a clown and a laughing stock internationally, but the main thing is, he does right and improves the country for the US citizens, and keeps his word on his promises to the voting masses. 

• Like 8

DocM
14 minutes ago, primortal said:

It all depends if he's just hot air or indents doing what he said he'll do.  If he's all hot air the republications are SOL.

Right now he's not doing what he claims he'll do his inauguration speech:

To start, Americans are asking not to repeal ACA and that seems to be falling on deft ears.

What they disapprove of is repeal without a replacement. That's not the plan. Either they abutt or there's a phase out/phase in.

trl8yuqc2emk6fssl6yuoa.png

• Like 3

+primortal

@DocM When did the poll end?  Would be nice if you actually post links to where you get these polls instead of just posting pictures :D

Plus a 7% swing isn't to bad like it was late 2014 but the key thing is the sample size, which is?

Circaflex

Well, it didn't take long for the window breaking, car smashing, violence enticing to come out. What an embarrassment. Who are the Deplorables now?

• Like 7

DocM
19 minutes ago, primortal said:

@DocM When did the poll end?  Would be nice if you actually post links to where you get these polls instead of just posting pictures :D

>

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195383/americans-negative-positive-aca.aspx

POLITICS SEPTEMBER 8, 2016

More Americans Negative Than Positive About ACA

51% disapprove of ACA; 44% approve

18% say the law has helped their families; 29% say it has hurt them

Long term, most Americans say law will hurt or not make much difference

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In a summer that saw many insurers drop out of the Affordable Care Act's health insurance exchanges, Americans' support for the healthcare law continues to be slightly more negative than positive. Now, 44% of Americans support the law, also known as Obamacare, and 51% disapprove of it -- similar to what Gallup measured last November

>

Percentage of Americans Saying ACA Hurt Their Family Rises to New High

Currently, 29% of Americans say Obamacare has hurt them and their family, up from 26% in May, and the highest Gallup has measured to date. Meanwhile, the percentage who say the ACA has helped their family dropped from 22% to 18%. The bulk of Americans, 51%, continue to say the law has "had no effect." As more provisions of the law have taken effect over the years, the "no effect" percentage has dropped from the first reading of 70%, in early 2012.

>

ncoday
2 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

^nice

Trump

imsk30ocrgrorzzjrge0.jpg

Obama

jmei2seqkjz9k40cujo3.jpg

What I find funny is to think that Obama's supporters interestingly had lots of time to go to DC. Maybe unemployeed & living on welfar whereas Trump's supporters have jobs and don't feel the need to go to DC just to show it. You ever been in DC in late January?

• Like 5

+primortal
2 minutes ago, DocM said:

Thanks.

Specifics of the poll (dated September 2016)  @DocM left out.

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Aug. 30-31, 2016, on the Gallup U.S. Daily survey, with a random sample of 1,015 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 60% cellphone respondents and 40% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods.

Then we have "Most Americans Want Changes to Affordable Care Act",

ssynz2ros02_sc9vukltwg[1].png

http://www.gallup.com/poll/198158/americans-changes-affordable-care-act.aspx?g_source=ACA&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles

• Like 1

DocM
Just now, ncoday said:

What I find funny is to think that Obama's supporters interestingly had lots of time to go to DC. Maybe unemployeed & living on welfar whereas Trump's supporters have jobs and don't feel the need to go to DC just to show it. You ever been in DC in late January?

He won where people are hurting; such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio etc. They got royally ###### off and knew Clinton's policies were more of the same.

• Like 4

+primortal
4 minutes ago, ncoday said:

Ahh the spin....  How about people taking a vacation day to celebrate?

How's this spin the lack of people at Trumps is because people now have jobs and are not on welfare because of Obama ;)

• Like 3

DocM
2 minutes ago, primortal said:

Thanks.

Specifics of the poll (dated September 2016)  @DocM left out.

Then we have "Most Americans Want Changes to Affordable Care Act",

ssynz2ros02_sc9vukltwg[1].png

http://www.gallup.com/poll/198158/americans-changes-affordable-care-act.aspx?g_source=ACA&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles

Those parts most don't want changed are reportedly being kept; the preexisting conditions and keeping your twentysomething kids on your insurance. 

+primortal
1 minute ago, DocM said:

Those parts most don't want changed are reportedly being kept; the preexisting conditions and keeping your twentysomething kids on your insurance. 

Not kept per say but added to whatever cluster F the republicans comes up.  Kept means they keeping the ACA but making the necessary changes to fix the problems.

• Like 1

+Mirumir

A real gentleman.

• Like 5

DocM
8 minutes ago, primortal said:

Not kept per say but added to whatever cluster F the republicans comes up.  Kept means they keeping the ACA but making the necessary changes to fix the problems.

ACA wasn't written in a modular fashion where you can just unplug a section and change it, plug it back in and walk away. In computer terms, it's spaghetti code. Or, it's like a knit sweater with a bunch of bad spots; you have to disassemble most of it, untangle the yarn, re-knit it etc. It's faster and easier to rewrite, modularize and fix the whole thing rather than go through that.

+primortal
12 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

This is a different picture I came across on twitter:

C2oPgYkXAAMsoDu.jpg

Without context that could be from 2008.

• Like 1

+primortal
11 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Nice to see it's been updated.  But what's interesting is that he as to start over again with gaining followers; he didn't keep Obamas followers.

• Like 1

game_over
5 minutes ago, primortal said:

I seen same shot earlier when I was watching it live on the TV.

I loved the speech and wish him luck. He's going to need it... he has a lot to prove.

I'm loving the fact that he is not too politically minded.

• Like 4

HellboundIRL

I hope he serves you Americans well. Maybe now we can stop hearing about Hillary.

• Like 4

Jim K
10 minutes ago, primortal said:

naaa...it is from today.  It shows a bunch of empty space at the National Mall...

• Like 4

DConnell
1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

naaa...it is from today.  It shows a bunch of empty space at the National Mall...

Well, most Trump supporters have jobs, so ... :shifty:

• Like 4

+Raze

It's a done deal, we have a new President.  I hope he becomes one of our greatest, if at least, a successful leader for the nation and all its citizens.  Congratulations to President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump.

• Like 8

Mockingbird

President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration (11:30 AM ET):

GettyImages_84374977.jpg

Today11:04 AM ET

Screen_Shot_2017_01_20_at_11.04.49_AM.pn

Comparison:

crowd_split_social_y.jpg

• Like 3

• Jim K changed the title to Donald Trump - 45th President of the United States
  • patseguin pinned this topic
  • Jim K unpinned this topic
  • dipsylalapo locked this topic
  • dipsylalapo unlocked this topic