Donald Trump - 45th President of the United States

Hum
2 hours ago, Mando said:

I hope for all our sakes globally and for the US populace, that he surprises us all and does a good job. Ill give him a fair chance and an open mind.

Amen to that.

Hum
1 hour ago, jjkusaf said:

naaa...it is from today.  It shows a bunch of empty space at the National Mall...

Consider that it is a work day, and rainy.

Hum
1 hour ago, Raze said:

LMAO    A debate with pictures.   What next crayons at fifty paces.   :p 

Reminds me of the UFO/aliens debate ;)

• Like 2

Mr. Gibs
9 minutes ago, Hum said:

Consider that it is a work day, and rainy.

Obama, Clinton, Bush snr also had inaugs that were on workdays. Funny how more people turned up for those.

And rainy? Really? Yeah I'm sure tons of people showed up and then decided to stay inside because of some rain.

Didn't Trump claim and show pictures of the thousands upon thousands of bikers all riding over to watch his inaug? Oh wait no, those pictures were proved to be fake. He also starts his presidency with the lowest approval rating in existence. Bit ironic since the inaug is usually the time when the presidents ratings are at their highest.

• Like 2

Hum
22 minutes ago, -Razorfold said:

Obama, Clinton, Bush snr also had inaugs that were on workdays. Funny how more people turned up for those.

more of the Obama fans were unemployed.

• Like 3

Mr. Gibs
12 minutes ago, Hum said:

Yeah ok there buddy. Guessing most people who went to the Bush snr, Bush jnr, Clinton, and other inaugs both republican and democrat presidents were all unemployed too. Even if 100% of Obamas fans were all unemployed it doesn't explain why other presidents had greater turn outs on weekdays. You've tried unemployment, rain, day of the week. Going to try and claim aliens next?

By your logic then all these people at the Trump inaug are unemployed because it's completely impossible for people to have vacation days or take time off work. Funny because I have three weeks of vacation time available for me this year, plus sick days, plus any unpaid time off. Guess when I take them I'll be sure to mark myself as unemployed.

Spend more time on your alien theories. They're far more plausible.

• Like 1

+JHBrown

A piece of crap human being. Willing to give home a chance though. You never know, he could prove many people wrong. 

theyarecomingforyou
36 minutes ago, Hum said:

Unemployed people can't afford to travel large distances for an inauguration. Further, those people were unemployed because of George W Bush's disastrous policies, with obscene tax cuts, crippling military spending and woeful regulation of the financial sector leading to a worldwide depression.

Trump represents all the worst elements of America: he's loud, obnoxious, uneducated, arrogant and egotistical. That he was elected president only cements my contempt for the average voter.

• Like 3

Emn1ty
8 minutes ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

Unemployed people can't afford to travel large distances for an inauguration. Further, those people were unemployed because of George W Bush's disastrous policies, with obscene tax cuts, crippling military spending and woeful regulation of the financial sector leading to a worldwide depression.

Trump represents all the worst elements of America: he's loud, obnoxious, uneducated, arrogant and egotistical. That he was elected president only cements my contempt for the average voter.

Bush didn't cause the recession. Also I cannot believe we are arguing about the turnout based on the assumed employment of supporters.

• Like 1

+Red King

EDIT: So, now, is this the 'Stuff POTUS did so far' thread?

+Zagadka
7 hours ago, illegaloperation said:

Does the car have airbags? Seat belts wouldn't be enough.

It had airbags, but Trump removed the requirement for them. He also canceled crash testing. So good luck.

So... now we have to start our search for a non-horrible candidate.

• Like 2

PsYcHoKiLLa
1 hour ago, Hum said:

Yeah, cos there's no such thing as a paid holiday when you work, imagine that. I've heard tell of people being able to book time off work for something important, like, maybe when there's a president who is the same colour as you and he's the first ever president who is the same colour as you and he gives you hope, maybe he could be different from the procession of white people before him.

No, that's just stupid I suppose, your racist offensive suggestion is much more likely.

They're black, so they're unemployed cos black people are lazy and don't want to work, they just want to scrounge off the rest of the populous, that is what you were insinuating, right?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa
  • Like 3

Rohdekill
7 hours ago, warwagon said:

Great speech by Trump!

except for his hands.  watch it again, he constantly repeats the same 3 hand gestures.  

ATLien_0

That was a very Trump like speech earlier. Almost felt like he was insulting the past presidents there. The one thing though is the doom and gloom, I must be living under a rock, but I know this country has a few things wrong but not to the extent that Trump said earlier today. 

Anyways, as I said in another thread. Im no Trump fan, but he won lets pass the torch and let him and the Republicans have their chance instead of fighting them even if they spent the past 8 years fighting the democrats 

Buttus

i wouldn't have gone just because of all of the jackasses that would throw stuff at my car and probably attack or harass me as i was walking in.

all of those 'tolerant' intolerant people

• Like 3

Boo Berry

Can't wait for the wall to be built and the impending nuclear war!

/s

• Like 5

+Anarkii

I see it this way, you choice was an idiot, or a VERY VERY corrupt woman who wanted war.
I dont know about you people, but I would choose the idiot every single time. 

Anyway congrats to President Trump. Hopefully he really will make America great again, and then start fixing the worlds problems too when hes done.

• Like 6

dead.cell
11 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

.... or he is just really unpopular. 

Not sure why excuses are needed for the underwhelming turnout.  Doesn't change the fact he is POTUS. 

What excuses? Maybe you missed the memo regarding protests going on at the inauguration and elsewhere (my hometown even). Having so much as a Trump bumper sticker on your car in a major city is reason enough to be a target. And if you're black? You're probably better off not saying a word, as I know some of my friends' parents would probably cast them out for supporting Trump.

It's actually kind of funny when you hear Trump talking about patriotism. You can support the USA, the troops, but not the commander in chief. :p

• Like 1

+Mirumir

A Key Twitter Partner Just Cut Off Data Access for Russia’s Pro-Trump RT News

On the eve of Donald Trump's presidential inauguration, American social media companies including Facebook and a key Twitter partner cracked down on at least one Russian organization with ties to the Kremlin. RT, a news agency funded by the Russian government, said Thursday that Facebook (FB, -0.40%) had blocked it from posting content to its profile page, while Dataminr, a tweet analytics service that is partially owned by Twitter (TWTR, -1.43%), had abruptly cut RT's access.

The reasoning behind the actions against RT appeared unrelated, but come at a time when the news outlet has been accused of disseminating propaganda on behalf of Vladimir Putin's Kremlin as part of a campaign to influence the U.S. elections...

PsYcHoKiLLa
8 hours ago, wv@gt said:

That was a very Trump like speech earlier. Almost felt like he was insulting the past presidents there. The one thing though is the doom and gloom, I must be living under a rock, but I know this country has a few things wrong but not to the extent that Trump said earlier today. 

Anyways, as I said in another thread. Im no Trump fan, but he won lets pass the torch and let him and the Republicans have their chance instead of fighting them even if they spent the past 8 years fighting the democrats 

That is how Republicans speak when there is/has been a Democrat president, it's the same way Faux News presents it's programming as if we are living in an apocalyptic wasteland, it fires their supporters up, maybe a little too much, so apparently now we've been living in sodom and gomorrah but Trump is here to save us. The irony is although Republicans like to present themselves as the good christians and peaceful, they're the ones waving guns around, always talking about bombing other countries and displaying astounding greed, sadly a lot of them are too dumb to even spell irony.

• Like 2

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm
41 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

no guts to block them permanently? 

FloatingFatMan
10 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

Bush didn't cause the recession. Also I cannot believe we are arguing about the turnout based on the assumed employment of supporters.

When it comes to politics, nothing you lot argue about surprises me. :p

• Like 1

FloatingFatMan
8 hours ago, Anarkii said:

Hopefully he really will make America great again, and then start fixing the worlds problems too when hes done.

Considering America caused quite a few of those problems, the world might well prefer America to keep itself to itself for a while...

• Like 4

seta-san

Due to excessive over supply of salt produced by this election Morton, the popular salt company, has declared bankruptcy.

MORTON.jpg

• Like 5

• Jim K changed the title to Donald Trump - 45th President of the United States
  • patseguin pinned this topic
  • Jim K unpinned this topic
  • dipsylalapo locked this topic
  • dipsylalapo unlocked this topic