• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Need a laptop suggestion

davidpaj    0

Hi all, at this point I feel like I've watched so many Youtube reviews my head is spinning, so I thought I'd post here for some real world feedback.  Here's what I need.  I need something with good battery life for productivity, good keyboard and screen.  However, that something needs to have a GPU capable of light Youtube editing when plugged in Things being considered Dell XPS 15 (new model) Asus G14 I know there's more, and I know I could buy two machines, one for each purpose.  I don't have a Razer budget to work with.  Who's got some suggestions?

HoochieMamma    784

Judging by all the reviews I have seen, look into getting an AMD Ryzen 4000 series laptop. The performance for price is amazing. Maybe something from this list might float your boat

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDLaptops/comments/fw02jz/ryzen_4000_series_laptop_guide_megathread/

• Like 1

+warwagon    13,958

For me personally, before I buy a laptop or one I'm looking at buying, I also look at the service manual to see how big of chor it is to repair. I'd like to know if it's as stupid as a certain dell Inspiron model where the screen has to come off, and the motherboard has to come out just to replace the storage.

Steven P.    16,930
46 minutes ago, davidpaj said:

That one looks good

Bear in mind it does not have a webcam, but yes it does look great otherwise!

Daniel F.    687

Yeah atm Ryzen 4000 series is the only real choice for productivity, power consumption and price. Intel's mobile CPU's just can t keep up on on any front....

• Like 1