• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Question about my new build.

Recommended Posts

Subliminal87    0

So I just bought everything today.

AMD 3700X32 gigs of Trident ZAS Rock 450 Gaming K4

While installing the motherboard, I noticed a screw had an issue, and I noted the IO shield was off center. I fixed it as best as I could but I couldn't fix it because the top left screw is stuck in the motherboard and it's in a spot that I cannot get behind the board to grab the standoff and hold it while the screw comes out. Loosing it just makes it "click" and is stuck.

How much of an issue is this going to be? Everything else works perfectly.

Secondly, I mounted the stock AMD cooler upside down, so the AMD logo is in the bottom right, and upside down, any issues with this? I have noticed the fan speeds up and down while doing nothing.

This was the hardest build for me ever and I am not sure why lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    3,643

You need to take the entire board out and use some tweezers on the standoff (back) and gently pop the screw out. Seen this many times.

 

As for your fan, it doesn't matter what orientation it is in. it's not a single direction fan in there. ;) It goes up and down in speeds when your system is idle to where you are gaming/working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subliminal87    0
1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

You need to take the entire board out and use some tweezers on the standoff (back) and gently pop the screw out. Seen this many times.

 

As for your fan, it doesn't matter what orientation it is in. it's not a single direction fan in there. ;) It goes up and down in speeds when your system is idle to where you are gaming/working.

Thanks for this. I figured with the fan it would be ok. 
 

with the screw the way it is, is it ok to leave it that way? Since I won’t be changing it up for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    3,643
25 minutes ago, Subliminal87 said:

Thanks for this. I figured with the fan it would be ok. 
 

with the screw the way it is, is it ok to leave it that way? Since I won’t be changing it up for years. 

Fan will look weird in a windowed case, but as long as you have it correctly mounted, who cares...

 

As long as it isn't causing a short, I wouldn't woory about it. I only have screws on my motherboard near the PCI-e slots and RAM/CPU areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subliminal87    0
9 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Fan will look weird in a windowed case, but as long as you have it correctly mounted, who cares...

 

As long as it isn't causing a short, I wouldn't woory about it. I only have screws on my motherboard near the PCI-e slots and RAM/CPU areas.


is there a way to know if it’s causing shorts?  Sorry, new to this whole thing. What should I be on the look out for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    3,643
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Subliminal87 said:


is there a way to know if it’s causing shorts?  Sorry, new to this whole thing. What should I be on the look out for?

If you short a motherboard, it won't turn on. (well, until you remove the item shorting it, that is) From what I'm hearing, you never had that problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subliminal87    0
8 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

If you short a motherboard, it won't turn on. (well, until you remove the item shorting it, that is) From what I'm hearing, you never had that problem.

That works. Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.