• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

"Locking" on Windows 10, version 2004 "May Update". Not responding anymore; whatsoever...

kiddingguy    93

I was just typing some mail, and that I got a blue screen stating

"Locking"

My notebook powered down/shut off and now I cannot get it back on.

Any idea why this is? And how can I get it working once more?

Thx and help in muuuuuch appreciated.

Nick H.    10,675

What do you mean when you say that you cannot get it back on? Do you mean that it doesn't even power up? Does it present you with the laptop's logo ("Dell" for example) or does it just do nothing?

kiddingguy    93
Posted (edited)

It doesn't even power up.

Computer went dark after and powered down after the blue screen stating "Locking".

It's on power, so no battery. Notebook is not responding in any way...

Holding the power button for a 1-2 minutes also didn't help or 'hard rebooted' my notebook.

Not even the "BIOS'' screen or the "Asus Republic of Gamers"/laptop's logo screen.... nothing is even displaying or working.

Very strange, but how do I get it fixed?

Jazmac    3,505

Sounds more like a hardware glitch.  How has the battery been or its charger?

Steven P.    16,809

If it is anything like this, it might have been forced into sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-says-locking-and-it-goes-into-sleep/cf8de14e-2178-4b7d-8159-a0b08552e2ce

Despite being on power it may also indicate a problem with the battery, without knowing anything about the laptop, make or model we can't really help much more.

If you can remove the battery, do that and keep it out for a few mins and off the AC power, then add back the battery and try to boot up.

kiddingguy    93
3 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Sounds more like a hardware glitch.  How has the battery been or its charger?

Uhhmhuuuhmm,,,,,,,, I feel soooooo stupid :argh:. For some reason the power adapter wasn't plugged in. Maybe the cleaner did it, or a 'ghost', or even I didn't fully plug it in.

I have a power strip with multiple adapters in it, and I think this one got loose or forgotten to be plugged in...

Plugged it in, Notebook is charging from 2% (and up now).

Lucky me. Stupid me.

• Haha 1

Jazmac    3,505
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kiddingguy said:

Uhhmhuuuhmm,,,,,,,, I feel soooooo stupid :argh:. For some reason the power adapter wasn't plugged in. Maybe the cleaner did it, or a 'ghost', or even I didn't fully plug it in.

I have a power strip with multiple adapters in it, and I think this one got loose or forgotten to be plugged in...

Plugged it in, Notebook is charging from 2% (and up now).

Lucky me. Stupid me.

Sometimes it turns out to be just that basic. No worries. Glad to know you're working again.  But keep an eye out for those apparitions. You might need to get the GhostBusters in. lol 

• Like 1

kiddingguy    93
10 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Sometimes it turns out to be just that basic. No worries. Glad to know you're working again.  But keep an eye out for those apparitions. You might need to get the GhostBusters in. lol 

:iiam: :ike:

Ghostbusters.jpg

• Like 1