YouTube question

I have tried in vain to 'tune' my start page on YouTube, but I still mange to get lots of videos that are either in a different language or nothing I would even remotely be interested in (anime, etc) I have done the do not recommend this channel and the not interested, but I still end up with the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this, or is it something that is not going to happen?

Open YouTube, click on your user icon and select "Your data in YouTube", and make sure Watch and Search history are turned on (it claims these are used to improve recommendations).

Other than that, make sure no-one else is using your account to watch content you're not interested in (e.g. someone else in your house-hold).

• Like 1

Each video has those three dots to the right hand side. Click on that and either choose "Not interested" or "Don't recommend videos from this channel". If you just keep doing that after a couple of days your recommendations should start to become more relevant.

Keep doing it as you go along though even after it improves.

28 minutes ago, Jumping Jacinta said:

Each video has those three dots to the right hand side. Click on that and either choose "Not interested" or "Don't recommend videos from this channel". If you just keep doing that after a couple of days your recommendations should start to become more relevant.

Keep doing it as you go along though even after it improves.

Yeah I know about those and it seems to do nothing... I still get the crazy recommendations. I did discover that the browsing history was turned off, I turned it on as @virtoriosuggested, I'll see what happens.

• Like 1