Chicago rocked by widespread looting caught on video after police-involved shooting

9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Just a matter of time till someone makes a mic/speaker combo for masks to alleviate the muffled sound. 

Sounds like a valid business idea actually.  This pandemic aside it's not like the use of masks is going to go away completely.  I wonder if there's anything like that for use in other areas where a mask is required? 

Speaker/mic on a mask would be silly IMO...maybe in very limited/special cases but I don't see anything widespread here.   And will never pay the price for one either.  Already designer masks that are $100+ and that is silly as well.  Hopefully masks will not be required for so long and I will not be plugging in my mask to charge it.   Yea, it is a little hard to understand people at times but people need to speak a little louder and clearer and they will be fine.  Have not really run in to any issues with not being able to understand someone.  Transparent masks on the other hand are beneficial for those who are deaf.

Edited by techbeck

On 8/12/2020 at 7:20 AM, techbeck said:

Speaker/mic on a mask would be silly IMO...maybe in very limited/special cases but I don't see anything widespread here.   And will never pay the price for one either.  Already designer masks that are $100+ and that is silly as well.  Hopefully masks will not be required for so long and I will not be plugging in my mask to charge it.   

>

There are biocompatible silicone reusable masks with embedded UV-C diodes in their filters for self-sterilization, or reusable masks which come with  a UV-C stetization box. Done well either could make sense.

Edited by DocM