When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Tiger Lake Intel Core i7 shows up in HP spec sheet with boost speeds up to 4.8GHz

After Intel released its first 10nm-based products under the Ice Lake lineup last year, expectations for the following generation, Tiger Lake, have been rising. The company has promised quite a significant performance boost, particularly when it comes to graphics, and recently, it was revealed that Tiger Lake products will officially be unveiled on September 2.

Before that, though, one of the new processors seems to have been spotted on a listing on HP's website. The listing is for an upcoming model of the HP Pavilion 13, and it was first spotted by Twitter user @momomo_us (via Tom's Hardware). The listing,which has now been removed, reveals that the Pavilion 13 will come with an Intel Core i7-1165G7, a product that doesn't exist quite yet, but is logically a successor to the Core i7-1065G7 that's part of the Ice Lake family.

Image credit: Tom's Hardware

The new processor has four cores and a base clock of 2.8GHz, with boost speeds up to 4.8GHz, which, if accurate, would be a pretty significant improvement over the 1.3GHz/3.9GHz speeds of its Ice Lake equivalent. Additionally, there's 12MB of L3 cache, whereas the Core i7-1065G7 only has 8MB.

Aside from that, the PC itself looks fairly standard, with a 13.3-inch Full HD display, 16GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD, accelerated by 32GB of Intel Optane memory. Presumably, it should be announced shortly after the new processors are official, too.

In May, a leaked benchmark suggested that the Tiger Lake family would more than double the graphics performance of its predecessors. If the numbers on this listing translate to real world performance, Tiger Lake could turn out to be a very significant upgrade.

Report a problem with article
Microsoft Edge Dev written next to an Edge Dev logo and three vertically slanted green lines
Next Article

New Edge Dev build adds support for Storage Access API, more fixes

Windows server insider
Previous Article

Windows Server Insider Preview build 20190 is now available