Bought alot of Shows with Windows 10 Movies & TV App--Is there a Way to Watch those on Actual Television?

Question

Hello All

Wondering if there is a way to watch those on actual television?   maybe with HDMI out from my secondary gaming Laptop?    Desktop only has 1 HDMI port so guess can't run a second hdmi cable from that one to the TV to watch the shows i assume.    Tried wireless casting it to my Samsung TV, and it said Not HDCP or something like that, tried from both the Desktop and Laptop lol that option lol

5 answers to this question

If only 1 HDMI port, an always get and HDMI splitter/switch.   Can try the Microsoft Display Adapter as well if you have Win10.  Not tried it with movies, but youtube clips work fine.  Personally, I just have a separate laptop setup and perm attached to my TV.

Some TVs have a Movies Anywhere app you can link your account to.  Doesn't work for the TV series but it'll give you some movies in higher quality than you got them from MS in.

Which is weird.

HDMI-in (on the TV end) has been a feature for years; the issue has been how many HDMI-in ports the TV has available.  My current bedroom TV (32" Samsung) has two - one used by my PC, and the other by an Amazon FireTV Stick 4k; yes - severe overkill.  (The reason for the 4K FireTV stick is due to a failure of the previous 1080p model and a monster sale on the 4k model - posted here on Neowin, in fact - that i pulled the trigger on.)

Well if the media is just located on your machine.  And doesn't have some special drm or whatever on it - or some format that needs a special player.  You could just install something like plex, jellyfin, emby, kodi, etc..

Then just stream it to your TV via app or your stick..

Or windows 10 can stream media via DLNA as well.. So pretty much any current TV or stick should be able to find a DLNA server to access the media.. Again if there is not some odd restrictions on the media you purchased.