There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Forum upgrade to version 4.5

Dark theme still needs work, still seeing white elements here and there, not to mention black texted in the box as I type this.  There's also a white border around it to, don't think it should be there.

5 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

I'm in the middle of tweaking that menu so the edit & report options are easier to access (making it so you don't need to click the three dots first) - They should be gone from the menu now

At this point, might as well get rid of the ... and make “Share” a link like the rest.  It’s odd to click on the ... and only get 1 item.

13 hours ago, primortal said:

At this point, might as well get rid of the ... and make “Share” a link like the rest.  It’s odd to click on the ... and only get 1 item.

I'm not sure if Dave would be able to do that or not; that menu holds our moderator options too. We'll see what he says :)

---------------

Speaking of. @DaveLegg is it purposeful that there's two sets of Report/Edit buttons now or is that still a work in progress?

image.png.78df86b18149cf04e4af14e75c3bdeec.png

5 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I'm not sure if Dave would be able to do that or not; that menu holds our moderator options too. We'll see what he says :)

I'm hoping the code in intuitive enough to hide the ... if there are no items for us muggles 😛

6 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Speaking of. @DaveLegg is it purposeful that there's two sets of Report/Edit buttons now or is that still a work in progress?

It is purposeful when it is a long post. I requested it.

8 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

---------------

image.png.78df86b18149cf04e4af14e75c3bdeec.png

I can hide it for people who aren't mods (when they're not using a phone - on a phone ALL options are within the dropdown to save screen space). This is already on my list for this evening!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

It is purposeful when it is a long post. I requested it.

I hadn't thought about it that way; genius. (Y)

17 hours ago, primortal said:

Thanks!

image.png.4fb7506bc2e95f6e2ff014b9acaae48d.png

Nitpicking here :D, but it seems that images added to posts are much larger than they were before upgrade.

22 hours ago, George P said:

Dark theme still needs work, still seeing white elements here and there, not to mention black texted in the box as I type this.  There's also a white border around it to, don't think it should be there.

Darkside should be much improved now

1 minute ago, SnoopZ said:

@DaveLegg

Is it possible to get a notification to a new post after replying to a front page article as I don't think this has ever worked for me it only works in the forum's?

The front page is a completely different system, although comments are currently tightly integrated into the forums. The comment system is due a major overhaul, and notifications is one of the items on the to-do list

On 05/09/2020 at 08:38, SnoopZ said:

@DaveLegg

Is it possible to get a notification to a new post after replying to a front page article as I don't think this has ever worked for me it only works in the forum's?

I'm currently in the middle of totally re-writing the comment system, and this is on the feature list (although depending on time, it may come shortly after - but it will be a lot easier to add to the new system than the current one)

• 1 month later...