Diana Rigg, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Game of Thrones,' Dies at 82

Diana Rigg, the Emmy- and Tony-winning British actress who vaulted to international fame in the 1960s with her performance as the seductive spy Emma Peel on The Avengers, then gained a new following decades later as the cunning Lady Olenna Tyrell on Game of Thrones, has died. She was 82.

Rigg was diagnosed with cancer in March, according to her daughter Rachael Stirling, who said she had "spent her last months joyfully reflecting on her extraordinary life, full of love, laughter and a deep pride in her profession. I will miss her beyond words."

//

Rigg also played the ill-fated Bond girl Tracy di Vicenzo opposite 007 actor George Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

As the third of four female sidekicks to Patrick Macnee's dapper John Steed on ITV's The Avengers, Rigg's Peel became an icon in England and the U.S. The show centered on the duo — Steed with a bowler hat and umbrella, Peel in cutting-edge mod fashions — working as partners for a secret British intelligence agency in an over-the-top, sometimes surrealist England.

//snip

The Hollywood Reporter

EhjrulzXgAAGm8w.jpeg.5f01fced5dd9c6367110602e45655448.jpeg

Ehj4eOLXcAAmVpI.thumb.jpeg.f523b11d6162080dc8fc8db88b121f0e.jpeg

Ehjrul0X0AEiVPa.thumb.jpeg.98eea9ddd761939e6073bbea1015055e.jpeg

RIP

• Sad 3

RIP, also I have to admit, I didn't even know it was her in GoT.  I didn't check out the cast list often.  And I'll forever remember her as she was as a Bond girl.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic