Issue with keyboard backlight in Samsung

Hi, 

Recently I got used laptop Samsung NP670Z5E. It has a lot of damage but it works with disabled AMD graphics card. I have to replace whole motherboard. Now I have small problem with keyboard backlight. After reinstall Windows and install fresh drivers from Samsung Update, I got only on-screen notify about changing backlight. I know about Samsung Settings app. Installed. But nothing has changed. It works before changing motherboard. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? How can I fixit?

Are you sure you have the EXACT same board when you replaced it? There are some versions that didn't have backlight. So, I think you can't configure it, because your motherboard doesn't have that chip that controls it.

My 2 cents.

31 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Are you sure you have the EXACT same board when you replaced it? There are some versions that didn't have backlight. So, I think you can't configure it, because your motherboard doesn't have that chip that controls it.

My 2 cents.

Hi, don't you think that backlight leds are builtin in the keyboard not on motherboard?

Think you need to have the proper software/drivers loaded.  Load the Samsung Update Tool on the laptop and make sure all the required drivers are installed.  Think Samsung Settings is the app/driver you need.  Had a Samsung a while ago and believe the settings app has an option to enable this.

7 hours ago, techbeck said:

Not sure if that will work or if the Samsung Settings app will work either since I believe the laptop you have is from 2013....?

Here is a link for the Samsung Settings app in the MS Store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-settings/9nblggh2jhxl?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I see that app but it require a code. What code? 

Zrzut ekranu 2020-09-15 011957.png

2 hours ago, MaPa said:

I see that app but it require a code. What code? 

Zrzut ekranu 2020-09-15 011957.png

NO idea on what code it needs.  I cannot DL it since the app is not compatible with my device.  I know there is a Samsung Settings 1.1 app listed as well.