Issue with keyboard backlight in Samsung

MaPa

Hi, 

Recently I got used laptop Samsung NP670Z5E. It has a lot of damage but it works with disabled AMD graphics card. I have to replace whole motherboard. Now I have small problem with keyboard backlight. After reinstall Windows and install fresh drivers from Samsung Update, I got only on-screen notify about changing backlight. I know about Samsung Settings app. Installed. But nothing has changed. It works before changing motherboard. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? How can I fixit?

Mindovermaster

Are you sure you have the EXACT same board when you replaced it? There are some versions that didn't have backlight. So, I think you can't configure it, because your motherboard doesn't have that chip that controls it.

My 2 cents.

MaPa
31 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Are you sure you have the EXACT same board when you replaced it? There are some versions that didn't have backlight. So, I think you can't configure it, because your motherboard doesn't have that chip that controls it.

My 2 cents.

Hi, don't you think that backlight leds are builtin in the keyboard not on motherboard?

Mindovermaster

Could be the keyboard that's bad for all we know. /shrug

Wait for someone else here...

techbeck

Think you need to have the proper software/drivers loaded.  Load the Samsung Update Tool on the laptop and make sure all the required drivers are installed.  Think Samsung Settings is the app/driver you need.  Had a Samsung a while ago and believe the settings app has an option to enable this.

techbeck
2 hours ago, MaPa said:

I see that app but it require a code. What code? 

Zrzut ekranu 2020-09-15 011957.png

NO idea on what code it needs.  I cannot DL it since the app is not compatible with my device.  I know there is a Samsung Settings 1.1 app listed as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Samsung introduces the 870 Evo SATA SSD with faster speeds
      by João Carrasqueira

Samsung has announced the latest iteration in its lineup of 800 Evo series of SSDs, the 870 Evo. The new drive is a modest upgrade over its predecessors, but it does have some improvements, starting with speed.

Samsung says the 870 Evo uses its latest V-NAND flash memory and controller and so it reaches the maximum speed of the SATA 6Gbps connection, with 560MB/s sequential reads and 530MB/s sequential writes. Samsung also says random read performance is up to 38% faster for QD1 reads compared to the 860 Evo, but the specs list doesn't actually show the performance for QD1 reads on the new drive. In fact, comparing the QD32 reads and writes with the previous generation, the 870 Evo actually appears to be a bit slower, with similar reads, but 88,000 IOPS for writes, slightly below the 90,000 IOPS of the 860 Evo.

Samsung also says the 870 Evo offers up to a 30% increase in sustained performance compared to its predecessor. The new model features Samsung's TurboWrite technology to help sustain its peak performance using an SLC buffer, though the drive itself uses TLC memory. Samsung promises "class-leading" longevity, too, with up to 2,400TBW (terabytes written) on the top-tier 4TB model.

The Samsung 870 Evo SSD is available starting at $39.99 for the 250GB model. The 2TB and 4TB are only up for pre-order, and prices max out at $479.99.

• By Abhay V
      Samsung begins rolling out One UI 3.1 for the Galaxy Tab S7 series in South Korea
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Samsung has begun rolling out Android 11-based One UI 3 to a bunch of its devices, including the crop of its flagship phones. However, it looks like its flagship tablets, the Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7+, are being treated to the company’s latest version of the software – One UI 3.1. The Galaxy S21 series phones are the first ones to ship with that version of One UI out-of-the-box.

One UI 3.1 brings with it all the features and improvements shipped as part of Android 11 and One UI 3, including minor design improvements, new personalization features for the lock screen and wallpaper, performance improvements thanks to better memory allocation and management, and much more. The release also enables the head tracking features introduced by the Galaxy Buds Pro. These accompany the Android 11-based One UI 3 features such as updated in-box apps, a refreshed notification shade design, chat bubbles, improved system animations, and much more.

Guessing from user comments on the Samsung Community forums, it looks like the update currently is beginning to roll out to users in South Korea. The folks over at TizenHelp have posted the entire translated changelog of the update, which weighs in at around 2,442 MB in size and comes with the January security patch. Interestingly, the release schedule in the Samsung Members app for the Tab S7 series points at a February rollout, suggesting that the rollout has started early. However, it could be a while till the release propagates to more users across regions.

Additionally, it is not clear when the company plans on offering the update to older flagships such as the Galaxy S20 and Note20 series.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Samsung brings the Galaxy A12, A32 5G, and A02s to the UK
      by Jay Bonggolto

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G Samsung announced today that the Galaxy A12, Galaxy A32 5G, and Galaxy A02s are coming to the UK. These phones were previously unveiled in the past few months and the latest announcement marks an expansion to their regional availability.

Starting today, you can purchase the Galaxy A12 (first unveiled late last year) for £169 via Samsung's channels and partner retailers in the UK. It's available in white, black, and blue color options. The Galaxy A32 5G, which debuted last week, costs £249 in black, white, blue, and violet color variants. It will ship beginning on February 19. Meanwhile, the Galaxy A02s is the cheapest among the three at £139. It will ship in the coming weeks in white and black colors.

Samsung Galaxy A12 All three smartphones have the same 6.5-inch HD+ TFT Infinity V display and 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging. The devices are powered by octa-core processors, although Samsung didn't specify each of the phones' chipsets. That said, we know from the company's previous announcement that the Galaxy A12 is powered by MediaTek's Helio P35 SoC.

Both the Galaxy A12 and A32 5G have a quad-camera setup on the back. The A12's camera module consists of a 48MP main sensor, 5MP ultra-wide shooter, 2MP macro sensor, and 2MP depth sensor. The A32 5G also features a 48MP main sensor, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP macro sensor, and 2MP depth sensor. The A02S, on the other hand, has a triple camera setup on its back, comprising a 13MP main sensor, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP depth sensor. The selfie cameras of the A32 5G, A12, and A02s are 13MP, 8MP, and 5MP, respectively.

Samsung Galaxy A02s Memory-wise, the A32 5G and A12 have 4GB of RAM while the A02s has a 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 1TB with a microSD card). The A32 5G includes 64GB of internal storage that's expandable up to 1TB while the A12 has either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage that's also expandable up to 1TB.

• By indospot
      Samsung's rugged Galaxy Tab Active3 is now available in the U.S.
      by João Carrasqueira

Samsung first introduced the Galaxy Tab Active3 last September, as the latest member of its lineage of rugged tablets for the enterprise. Today, the company has announced that the tablet is now available to buy in the United States, and it's the first one to come with an Enterprise Edition that offers one year of Knox Suite and up to five years of security updates.

Samsung also promises up to three generations of Android upgrades, which will be welcome considering it still ships with Android 10. Samsung plans to deliver an update to Android 11 that will also add the device to Google's list of Android Enterprise Recommended devices. The tablet also supports Samsung DeX for users that may want to connect it to a larger screen and have a desktop-like experience.

In terms of the hardware, it's the same device we already know of. It's meant to be durable, with a MIL-STD-810H certification and IP68 water and dust resistance rating. The included S Pen is equally durable with the same IP rating, and the tablet itself has a display with enhanced sensitivity that lets you use the screen with gloves. Another feature that businesses might appreciate is the user-replaceable 5050mAh battery, and support for a no-battery mode, for situations where the tablet might be permanently attached to a power source.

As for the specs, the tablet is powered by an Exynos 9810 octa-core chipset, 4GB of RAM, and up to 128GB of storage. The display is an 8-inch panel with Full HD+ resolution (1920x1200), and the rear camera is 13MP, while on the front there's a 5MP shooter.

The Galaxy Tab Active3 comes in Wi-Fi-only and LTE models, starting at $489.99 for the former, and $589.99 for the latter. It's available to buy today.

• By eRajesh
      Samsung Galaxy S21 gets the teardown treatment ahead of release
      by Rajesh Pandey

Samsung's Galaxy S21 series is scheduled to go on sale across the world later this month. Before that though, the first teardown of Samsung's flagship phone of 2021 has hit the internet. More specifically, the cheapest trio of the Galaxy S21 series -- the Galaxy S21 5G -- has been given the teardown treatment revealing its internals.

Unlike the Galaxy S21 Plus and the Ultra, the regular S21 variant features a plastic back. However, the removal process for the back remains the same -- using a heat tool to soften the adhesive and then prying it open. One interesting change in the Galaxy S21 is the addition of foam balls for the stereo speaker system which helps in increasing its loudness and fullness. Samsung is also using a multi-layer board to maximize internal space.

Similar to the Galaxy Note20 series from last year, the firm is using a 3D graphite layer sheet for cooling the Snapdragon chipset. Samsung used a different cooling solution for the Exynos-variant of the Galaxy Note20 Ultra last year. It is unclear if the company is doing the same this time around as well.

While complex, it looks like most of the Galaxy S21 components are easily replaceable. The device got a repairability score of 7.5 out of 10 from PBKReviews meaning that most common repairs for the device should be fairly easy.