Condolence question

Hi,

I had a neighbor who use to live next to me but they moved around 15 years ago. I found out today, the man passed away this morning. His wife and my mom kept in touch on a monthly basis since they moved as they remain friends to this day. The plan is for him to be cremated instead of a wake and funeral.

What would be the appropriate thing to do in regards to his passing? Send flowers, sympathy card, donation to a charity..... I cant seem to figure out the proper thing to do. Any

recommendations are most welcomed.

TIA

Flowers and a card from funerals I have been to are the best IMO.  Or if you can show up in person, even better.

Had some older people at church who used to watch my bro and I when my parents when out of town who passed a few years back.  I did not provide a card or flowers, but I showed up at the funeral and offered my condolences to the family in person.  And then hung around for the reception to talk to family and share memories.

My fav teacher in highschool passed a while back and I posted online when the family announced it offering my condolences.

New Apple watches

• Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, techbeck said:

Flowers and a card from funerals I have been to are the best IMO.  Or if you can show up in person, even better.

Had some older people at church who used to watch my bro and I when my parents when out of town who passed a few years back.  I did not provide a card or flowers, but I showed up at the funeral and offered my condolences to the family in person.  And then hung around for the reception to talk to family and share memories.

My fav teacher in highschool passed a while back and I posted online when the family announced it offering my condolences.

I would of done this as well but there wont be a funeral or wake as he is being cremated per his wishes.

29 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I was told by his wife they weren't going to have a funeral.

That's as may be, but "there wont be a funeral or wake as he is being cremated" implies that cremations don't have funerals.