Optimum laptop fan setting?

So one of my old laptops has a setting "Fan always on when on AC power" in its UEFI. Its original fan failed so I replaced it with a new one which keeps it cool now. I don't mind the very slight noise the fan makes as it is still relatively quiet and keeps the laptop cool. But what is the OPTIMUM setting from a longevity point of view for the fan, not the laptop?

I don't want this replacement fan to fail again. While one can never predict when exactly mechanical parts like fans fail, what is Neowinians' experience in general with fans failing? Will the fan fail more quickly if left to run non-stop or the chances of a fan failing are less if left to run non-stop at a constant speed? Because otherwise it will spin down and only speed up when under load.

Any advice on the optimum setting would be welcome. :) (In my newer gaming laptop, there is no such setting. The fan automatically spins up and spins down as required).

24 minutes ago, Microsoft BOB™ 10 said:

So one of my old laptops has a setting "Fan always on when on AC power" in its UEFI. Its original fan failed so I replaced it with a new one which keeps it cool now. I don't mind the very slight noise the fan makes as it is still relatively quiet and keeps the laptop cool. But what is the OPTIMUM setting from a longevity point of view for the fan, not the laptop?

I don't want this replacement fan to fail again. While one can never predict when exactly mechanical parts like fans fail, what is Neowinians' experience in general with fans failing? Will the fan fail more quickly if left to run non-stop or the chances of a fan failing are less if left to run non-stop at a constant speed? Because otherwise it will spin down and only speed up when under load.

Any advice on the optimum setting would be welcome. :) (In my newer gaming laptop, there is no such setting. The fan automatically spins up and spins down as required).

In my experience, fans have died quicker when turning on and off. It’s harder on the bearings. Not unlike those old HDDs you hear about that if they ever stop, they won’t spin up again.