want to build up a new pc - but i have a old case - can i use this ?

I have to agree with SnoopZ; that case is very old, and it's unlikely you will find a motherboard whose IO panel on the back will fit into that case.  Additionally, that older case is full of bays for drives that you won't likely use anymore.  If you're buying a new PC, one of the lowest cost items is the case.  

Really depends on the age of the case you currently have.  A new motherboard will come with a new back plate for the ports on the back.   But looks like you have a bunch of old components you prob will not use anymore (like already mentioned) so personally, I would get a new case and call it a day.  They are not very expensive but can be depending on what you get.

Like the rest, I would get a new case. You can get very cheep ones that will be better for you than that old case.

Is that an AT case?  Mounting holes would be different (so happy drilling), would need a different power button ....

Burn it with fire.

Thought you already put together a new computer with a new case?

Airflow looks pretty bad too. I would buy a new one and save some troubles in case it's AT. Also if you can wait you should wait 2 months for nVidia and AMD to have released all their new products line.

On 18/09/2020 at 07:29, tarifa said:

hello,

want to build up a new pc - but i have a old case - can i use this 

look forward to hear from you

regards

Attached Thumbnails

Don't know, CAN YOU? Like others have said, the mobo probably won't fit the mounting holes but have you done ANYTHING to see if it'll fit? Dry fit the mobo? And do you know how to operate a screwdriver and drill? For all we know you might be wanting to mount some 120mm fans in the side and custom mount everything. In which case ya, it'll be fine. But you posted some generic pictures and somehow expect us to guess as to what mobo power supply and everything else you want to put in along with whatever you're going to do to mount it.

• Like 1