My GPU fans spin for a few seconds and then stop.

Okay, to clear up any confusion, I have visited the thread similar to this one, but it didnt help me with my issue. So I wanted direct feedback.

A few days ago I took apart my pc to clean it out, once I cleaned it out, I plugged it all back in. I was getting post but my GPU wasnt working, so I used intel display. I can use the computer perfectly fine, but I cant run any GPU intensive stuff, like games and graphic rendering. Before I cleaned out my pc it was working. The gpu occasionally works, but then after a restart it doesnt, the fans like start up, and then stop, and this continues. FYI the rest if the pc works fine. Ive tried many things such as, PSU connecters, I put it on a piece of cardboard. Im not sure what to do.

PC SPECS;

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H Gaming

Intel i7-9700k

Kingston HyperX DDR4 16 GB RAM

Kraken X CPU Cooler

GTX 970 4GB

MSI Herald-AC

EVGA 750w 80+ Gold

Thank you

Hello,

A couple of things to check:

1. Verify the supplemental ATX power connectors from the power supply are connected correctly to the video card by disconnecting and reconnecting them.
  2. Verify the signal cable from the monitor goes to the video connector on the video card and not the motherboard.

You may also want to make sure that all of the fans inside the computer spin without problem.  When the unit is powered off, open the case and gently tap each fan with a finger to verify it rotates smoothly without any friction or grinding feeling.  Fans which are not smoothly rotating should be replaced.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky