Intel drivers from 1970 & 2016? Windows Update vs Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Today I received this Windows Update on my notebook; 2 Intel updates.

Also the release dates/years are kinda odd... 1970 & 2016

However, Intel's own Driver & Support Assistant doesn't list any updates.

Can I safely install these WU-updates, or can I better ignore - and not install - these?

Intel.jpg

I saw those as well.  I compared the "1970" driver to the driver I currently had installed, and it was a higher build number, so I installed it.  No problems so far!  Not sure why the crazy dates, though.

40 minutes ago, Nerd Rage said:

I saw those as well.  I compared the "1970" driver to the driver I currently had installed, and it was a higher build number, so I installed it.  No problems so far!  Not sure why the crazy dates, though.

For which 'devices' are these?

I think Microsoft is losing it... :p:ninja:

Today I got this update-message.

And I doesn't even have a v5/v6 Intel gen CPU.... it's a 9th gen i7-9750H in my notebook.

I mean, Microsoft... WTH?! Get you lions crossed!

Intel_2.jpg

• Haha 1

Intel didn't set a creation date for the driver so it defaults to Unix Epoch time (00:00:00 UTC 1/1/1970)

There are a few that are dated  7/18/68.  That's the day Intel was founded.

The purpose is to make sure that if for example Dell comes up with it's own driver for the chipset it's chosen over the Intel one because the Dell one will be considered newer because of the creation date.   Either way, it's fine don't worry about it.

It's not only my computer....

Also my girlfriend has these driver updates for an Intel Core i5 5th gen processor and some Dynalink updates, WD updates etc etc. All driver dates from 2017-2019.

What's wrong here Microsoft?

Or is this a 2004-update thingy?

• 2 weeks later...

Windows is still losing its mind with these optional updates.

Also the 'hide updates' doesn't fully seem to work. I have hidden this one already, but it's showing up again...

What's going on here???

MS-update.jpg

• Sad 1

Might want to give Windows a rest... I moved 100% to Linux 10 years ago, and never looked back. Once you break the learning curve, it's fun.

But if you need it for work or whatnot, try using an earlier version and turn off the auto-update...

• Facepalm 2