When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Poll: What is your favorite gaming console of all time?

Original image via Guinness

Times have changed a lot since the first video game console called "Odyssey" came out in 1972, with numerous companies realizing the potential of gaming and the number of money people are willing to spend on it. Over the past 50 years, companies such as Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft, among others, have all entered the fray, each with their own offerings and vision for what gaming should be like.

The nature of gaming has evolved, and we usually expect close to photorealistic graphics for AAA games on current-gen home consoles as well as generally fun gameplay mechanics on portable consoles such as the Nintendo Switch now. With the next generation of consoles just around the corner, we would like to know: which console would you pick as your favorite for all time?

It doesn't need to be a console that you've owned, just a console that you enjoyed gaming the most on. For example, I personally loved the Game Boy Advance SP even though I never owned it as my parents could not afford to spend too much money on gaming at the time. I used to spend hours playing Pokémon on my friend's console, and it's the gaming console that left a lasting impression on me.

Which console has left an impact on you so much that you consider it your favorite gaming console? We've attached a poll below to know your opinion, but needless to say, it isn't an exhaustive list (our polls are limited to 10 options), just the list of some of the most popular consoles so far. If your favorite one is not mentioned in the list, please select "Other" and let us know your choice in the comments section below.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 review: Minor improvements, but it's still among the best

Previous Article

Razer's refreshed Blade Stealth 13 brings 28W Tiger Lake chips and an OLED display option