Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme unboxing and first impressions

Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Extreme is the most powerful PC from the X1 lineup. Now on its third generation, this year's model is mostly a spec bump, not that that's a bad thing. It comes with Intel's 10th-generation 'Comet Lake' processors, all from the H-series, and it comes with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4GB GDDR6 memory.

There's also a new display option, as you can get it with a 600-nit LCD; however, Lenovo sent me the 4K OLED panel, which I definitely prefer. It also has the biggest screen of any ThinkPad X1 PC at 15.6 inches. This unit is also specced out with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.

The X1 Extreme is made out of carbon fiber, with the woven carbon fiber finish that Lenovo first showed off last year. The model that Lenovo sent me supports multitouch so it starts at four pounds, but the non-touch model starts at just 3.75 pounds, which is really light for something that packs this kind of power.

But the power, the chassis, and the big OLED display isn't all that makes the ThinkPad X1 Extreme exciting. It's got Dolby Atmos speakers, far-field microphones, and it passes a dozen MIL-STD-810G tests. Check out the unboxing video below:

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Advance: The Ultimate How-To Guide For Your Career - $16.99 value, now free to download

Previous Article

KaiStore gets search and automatic update functionality