New Ryzen 7 3800X Not working?


Recommended Posts

Nick Chapple

I have a Asus B350F Gaming motherboard.

 

I just installed a new processor the Ryzen 7 3800X. Upon booting the computer the fan spins for maybe a half a second and stops spinning. Nothing is displayed on my monitor either. Upon holding the power button and doing a force shut down the fan spins for about a half a second again. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it just a bad fan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon

Doubt it's a bad fan because I would assume the computer would still post even though the fans don't spin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
44 minutes ago, Nick Chapple said:

I have a Asus B350F Gaming motherboard.

 

I just installed a new processor the Ryzen 7 3800X. Upon booting the computer the fan spins for maybe a half a second and stops spinning. Nothing is displayed on my monitor either. Upon holding the power button and doing a force shut down the fan spins for about a half a second again. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it just a bad fan?

You sure all power connectors are in place? Also, you have the latest bios right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Chapple
6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

You sure all power connectors are in place? Also, you have the latest bios right?

I have never updated my bios, do you think that would really cause a new processor fan to not work though and no display to come to the monitor? 

 

Would there even be a way to update it with my new processor in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
14 minutes ago, Nick Chapple said:

I have never updated my bios, do you think that would really cause a new processor fan to not work though and no display to come to the monitor? 

 

Would there even be a way to update it with my new processor in?

Well I’m pretty sure you need a bios update for 3000 series. Yeah I think it might cause something like this if it cannot utilize the CPU. 
 

And no, to update you need to put the old CPU in. Makes sure you also check power connectors. For my x570 board, I had multiple power connections, else I saw a similar issue.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Chapple
26 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Well I’m pretty sure you need a bios update for 3000 series. Yeah I think it might cause something like this if it cannot utilize the CPU. 
 

And no, to update you need to put the old CPU in. Makes sure you also check power connectors. For my x570 board, I had multiple power connections, else I saw a similar issue.

Oddly coming out is is a "power cable" but there is also a spot for a RGB cord, but oddly the RGB is on without that cable in. I will try to update the Bios I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LaP
16 minutes ago, Nick Chapple said:

Oddly coming out is is a "power cable" but there is also a spot for a RGB cord, but oddly the RGB is on without that cable in. I will try to update the Bios I suppose.

If you never updated the bios you 100% have to update the bios for the 3800x to work on a b350 mb.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Chapple
18 minutes ago, LaP said:

If you never updated the bios you 100% have to update the bios for the 3800x to work on a b350 mb.

It has been updated and now seems to be running fine, fan spinning and display is up! Thank you!!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.