I can't make a decision on Crips or Bloods!!!

mrchetsteadman

So I'm looking to build a new computer and I don't have a budget. My ONLY issue right now is do I go with AMD 3950x or Intel i9 10900k. I will be gaming, yes. But I also do editing on Premiere Pro for my YouTube channel. I want to be able to edit 4k video with no issues at all. I work a lot but I do spend quite a bit of time gaming which is why this is kinda hard. Logically, I should prioritize what CAN make me money over what is just for fun and go with the Ryzen which edits video better, but I like my Intel setup. It's familiar. 

Thanks for any help and please ask clarifying questions if necessary!

Mindovermaster

What can you copy over from your old PC?

What do you have currently?

What type of games do you play? As in types, resolution, FPS?

• Like 1
mrchetsteadman
24 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

What can you copy over from your old PC?

What do you have currently?

What type of games do you play? As in types, resolution, FPS?

My current setup is;

i7 8700k

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero

64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

EVGA GTX 1080

Corsair H100

Corsair RMx 650

I have the Alienware 34in gaming monitor. The model number escapes me right now but I game in 3440x1440. Mostly RDR2, Mafia 3, Watch Dogs & Far Cry type games.

The ONLY thing I'll copy from my old PC is the memory since that's less than 3 months old. Maybe the monitor.

Mindovermaster

There any reason to upgrade? Those are pretty good specs...

As to gaming, what do you play that won't suffice the above?

The least I would do is upgrade the GFX card. You don't need a whoile system upgrade. Unless there's something you're "dying" for.

• Like 1
LaP
22 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

The least I would do is upgrade the GFX card. You don't need a whoile system upgrade. Unless there's something you're "dying" for.

For gaming i don't see any reason to upgrade. For 4k video editing and workstation duty a 3950x would help but it would also not provide much improvement for gaming if any at all. Purely for gaming i would not upgrade yet. If you care about video editing as much as gaming i would wait for Zen 3 released next month as it will probably give you a big upgrade in editing while still giving you a relatively nice upgrade in gaming too contrary to a 3950x. For encoding the difference between Zen 3 and the 8700k will be significantly huge (it already is with Zen 2).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
mrchetsteadman
15 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I guess I just want to have something to edit 4k videos without waiting 12 hours. Also, be able to play cyberpunk at ultra settings. Right now I have 2 Samsung 970 evoplus 1TB drives but I'll be upgrading to 3 980pro 1tb drives.

I want the 3090 but if I get a new video card I kinda want everything else new. I'm weird, I know lol.

I'll be giving my current components to my son and turn the i5 system I just gave him a month ago into a Plex server.

3 minutes ago, LaP said:

For gaming i don't see any reason to upgrade. For 4k video editing and workstation duty a 3950x would help but it would also not provide much improvement for gaming if any at all. Purely for gaming i would not upgrade yet. If you care about video editing as much as gaming i would wait for Zen 3 as it will probably give you a big upgrade in editing while still giving you a relatively nice upgrade in gaming too contrary to a 3950x. For encoding the difference between Zen 3 and the 8700k will be significantly huge (it already is with Zen 2).

Gonna check out this video!

Circaflex

I'd go with AMD, if you can find them in stock. Their new offerings are top notch.

Daniel F.

Yeah Ryzen are better for multicore performance & applications and it sounds like the 5000 series will blow Intel out the water on all fronts