New Monitor - New Hardware sound when turning the Monitor On/OFF

Today I just got a new monitor. The one I bought was the Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" inch monitor. I have it connected via DisplayPort and I noticed when I turn the monitor On/Off, the little sound when you connect/disconnect something to your computer, it makes that sound, is that normal?. Also when it makes that sound, in Discord it says New Audio Device Detected. Discord has detected a new audio output device named NVIDIA High Definition Audio! Do you want to switch to it?. This is my first time ever using a monitor with DisplayPort and I didn't know if that's normal for my computer to do that or not, and if there is a way to turn it off when my monitor is On/Off.

4 hours ago, Sharpstick68 said:

Today I just got a new monitor. The one I bought was the Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" inch monitor. I have it connected via DisplayPort and I noticed when I turn the monitor On/Off, the little sound when you connect/disconnect something to your computer, it makes that sound, is that normal?. Also when it makes that sound, in Discord it says New Audio Device Detected. Discord has detected a new audio output device named NVIDIA High Definition Audio! Do you want to switch to it?. This is my first time ever using a monitor with DisplayPort and I didn't know if that's normal for my computer to do that or not, and if there is a way to turn it off when my monitor is On/Off.

It is normal. The monitor has speakers and it uses digital audio from your GPU. 

Ah ok so it is normal, thanks for letting me know that. This is my first time with a monitor that has a display port, and also is 144hz and I am just amazed at the quality of the picture I get on it, even if it is only 1920x1080. Thanks!

Also another thing..my second monitor came in yesterday, same one that I'm talking about..Acer XFA240, and I have them both connected using DisplayPort and  when I turn one monitor off, the other one goes black like the screen is refreshing, and it moves all my applications I had open to that other monitor. Is there a setting or something I can do so it doesn't move my open applications to the other monitor when I turn one off?

Just now, Sharpstick68 said:

Also another thing..my second monitor came in yesterday, same one that I'm talking about..Acer XFA240, and I have them both connected using DisplayPort and  when I turn one monitor off, the other one goes black like the screen is refreshing, and it moves all my applications I had open to that other monitor. Is there a setting or something I can do so it doesn't move my open applications to the other monitor when I turn one off?

Yeah---this seems to be an issue with some improper DP implementations out there that cause this. There was a thread somewhere in regards to it with some workarounds.

Let me see if I can find it.

If it bothers you or gives you issues, you could also try a DisplayPort to HDMI cable (instead of DP to DP) :) It behaves differently. There is no hardware connected/disconnected sound and even if the monitor is turned off, the windows can stay on it.