PC use after a long period

Hi 

I'm after some advice.

Hopefully, I've posted this in the right place.

I have my PC which I haven't used in about 2 years due to issues with electrics in the room.  My question is, once iI have the electrics sorted out and before I switch it on, do I need to take any precautions.  I know I need to ensure there isn't any buildup of dust in the case, but is there anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Dust-Off Electronics Compressed Gas Duster ...always good to keep clean reduses heat............I clean mine out every year. as far as anything else no

Edited by Terry504

20 minutes ago, Terry504 said:

Dust-Off Electronics Compressed Gas Duster ...always good to keep clean reduses heat............I clean mine out every year. as far as anything else no

surge protector.....................

What Does a surge protector do?

A surge protector (or spike suppressor, or surge suppressor, or surge diverter) is an appliance or device designed to protect electrical devices from voltage spikes

Check for dust in case, clean if needed, make sure all connections are tight and are on correctly (Power, Sata cables etc)(Just In case they have come lose) ,buy a surge protector if you have dodgy electrics, and continue to use one after you have yore electrics sorted out, check for bulging capacitors on motherboard (If any) and any other signs of damage.

That's what i would do :)

Hello,

Once the computer is powered up, be sure to let it download and install any updates for the operating system, security software and so forth before you start using it for any web browsing or other internet-related activities.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

I've decided to change the location of my PC now.  Although, I need to get the entire house rewired 😭, the electrics are shot!  So gotta wait a little longer to get my PC started up again.