PC Near a window

Hey,

I just wanted some advice.

I am thinking of putting my desk next to a bay window.  I was just wondering if it's safe to put your PC next to/near a window?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, yas1320 said:

Hey,

I just wanted some advice.

I am thinking of putting my desk next to a bay window.  I was just wondering if it's safe to put your PC next to/near a window?

Thanks in advance.

As long as it’s not going to be a major source or heat or moisture, I don’t see why not. 

2 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Hopefully not going to be in any direct sunlight that will heat it up.

It should'nt be, as it'll be on the floor on wood flooring.  Also, it doesnt get too hot in the UK.

Just bear in mind any open windows and rain, ive made that mistake once and it cost me a monitor, i was lucky it was just that and didn't cause a fire etc..

Apart from that it should be ok, i assume it will be on the floor and out of sight, wouldn't want it to be something someone would try and steal.

14 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

As long as it’s not going to be a major source or heat or moisture, I don’t see why not. 

It's the UK, so it doesn't get very hot here! 😁  I havent noticed any moisture in that area.   

3 minutes ago, yas1320 said:

It's the UK, so it doesn't get very hot here! 😁  I havent noticed any moisture in that area.   

Lucky you! We hit near 120F here every summer.

6 minutes ago, yas1320 said:

It gets hot in Bristol, bud...

10 minutes ago, REM2000 said:

Just bear in mind any open windows and rain, ive made that mistake once and it cost me a monitor, i was lucky it was just that and didn't cause a fire etc..

Apart from that it should be ok, i assume it will be on the floor and out of sight, wouldn't want it to be something someone would try and steal.

Good point about the security.  I think i'll put frosted glass film on the windows, keep it away from prying eyes.    

Highest it'll get is around 34 and that is very rare.  Average outside temperature is at the most mid 20s if we're lucky. 

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Lucky you! We hit near 120F here every summer.

WHAAAAT!  That's like nearly 50 degrees 🥵  I wouldn't  be able to take that kind of heat, never mind the PC! 😂

Hat's off to you, for coping in that heat! 👍

1 minute ago, yas1320 said:

WHAAAAT!  That's like nearly 50 degrees 🥵  I wouldn't  be able to take that kind of heat, never mind the PC! 😂

Hat's off to you, for coping in that heat! 👍

Luckily our humidity during these times is quite low.

Hello,

You might want to consider putting a table of something above it to keep it out of direct sunlight.  Although it may not get very hot outside temperature-wise, the sun will be heating it throughout the day, and that could have a cumulative effect over time.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

You might want to consider putting a table of something above it to keep it out of direct sunlight.  Although it may not get very hot outside temperature-wise, the sun will be heating it throughout the day, and that could have a cumulative effect over time.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Oh yes, it'll be underneath a table, so away from direct sunlight.  

It is safe, to an extent. You will have more dust and you would have the possibility of rain water hitting your tower if left open. I would recommend finding a way to shield it from the sun and I would recommend purchasing air filters for your case. I have a similar setup to you and have my cube tower below a window; the filters have kept it insanely clean. I use these filters and highly recommend them, https://www.demcifilter.com/