My possum

I saw cat tracks going into my shed after it snowed one day. So I was feeling generious and wanted to see what was living in my shed. So I ran an outdoor extention cord to my shed and setup a Wyze camera. it was a cat. So I bought a food bowl and a bag of cat food. The cat came back and ate. The next night, a possum also came to eat. I'm enjoying the possum much more than the cat.

here is a video I recorded of the possum tonight.

• Like 2

Possums are cute little critters.  Many benefits of having them hang around too (insect/rodent/snake control).  I have one that hangs out around my yard (or on top of the fence) every now and then.  They get a bad rap unfortunately...  

8 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Possums are cute little critters.  Many benefits of having them hang around too (insect/rodent/snake control).  I have one that hangs out around my yard (or on top of the fence) every now and then.  They get a bad rap unfortunately...  

Yep, useful little fella's. They aren't vicious. They will just show teeth, poop and blow snot bubbles. If that fails they will pass out and play dead. They also rarely carry rabies.

Years ago I helped my parents dig a hole in their grove as a spot to put chicken scraps so their little yorky wouldn't get it. I put a large disk blade on top. Couple months later my mom and I go put to dump some chicken scraps down the hole. We see something had been digging to the side of the disc blade. We lift it up and find this ..

0805181132a.jpg

6 hours ago, Skyfrog said:

My parents once had such a nightly visitor. Possoms just can't resist some free cat food.

DCP_0600.JPG

awwww, it's so cute!

Have you (or your GF) given it a name? I would love to have something like this hangout around my place, but all we have are about 5 semi-feral cats, and a massive amount of ducks.

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Have you (or your GF) given it a name?

Have not. All I've named is the cat (no matter the sex) ...named it Garfield because it's a pig.

Just now, warwagon said:

Have not. All I've named is the cat (no matter the sex) ...named it Garfield because it's a pig.

Does kitty like lasagna? :D