Amazon credit card offers

As of 75 days ago, when a person signed up for a new account for a credit card, there was an offer to get $60 of  credit to spend if you are approved for a amazon store card from chase, another from synchrony bank for $60, Discover for $70 and american express for $100 (not the business card) and I am wondering why they no longer have them. Does anyone know what happened to it? I also see the following : https://www.amazon.com/compare-credit-card-offers/    they all say unavailable. Amazon wont say the reason. Does anyone know the story behind this issue?

Thx

The period expired. Such things are offered when they want to increase income, often before a year end.

I will offer that if you didn’t know this, are you certain you want a credit card?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NJ Louch said:

The period expired. Such things are offered when they want to increase income, often before a year end.

I will offer that if you didn’t know this, are you certain you want a credit card?

What @Bruinator asked was why they were not offering them right now, I think that it is legit question and should be answered without any other assumptions. 

@BruinatorMost of the time banks offer 'deals' to convince you to sign up for their credit card, tactics that are most common are 0% APR for X months, or $X of a credit if you charge over $X amount, and in the case of Amazon, they are were offering you all of these 'credits' to entice you to sign up for there card. But as the others have stated, due to there being 7 days left in this year, most of the banks have stopped all of these promotions, and will of course start again, most likely in January. This is very common for the banks to do, and my suggestion would be check back in a week or two and see what the new offers will be. If you really want to know now, you can try and chat with customer service and see if they have insight on it, but the odds are they most likely will not know anything more than what you and I can see online.

53 minutes ago, NJ Louch said:

i will offer that if you didn’t know this, are you certain you want a credit card?

The Amazon store card is actually pretty great. I’ve got over $500 in rewards this year using it. And the balance is paid off every statement. Amazons 5% (sometimes higher) cash back is one of the highest out there for store cards, actually most cards. 

Credit cards aren’t evil if you are able to show self restraint and use them responsibly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, shockz said:

The Amazon store card is actually pretty great. I’ve got over $500 in rewards this year using it. And the balance is paid off every statement. Amazons 5% (sometimes higher) cash back is one of the highest out there for store cards, actually most cards. 

Credit cards aren’t evil if you are able to show self restraint and use them responsibly.

Amen to this. We have a Tesco (UK) Clubcard Credit Card, so we get club card points every time we spend on the credit card. MOST purchases that aren't direct debits go onto the credit card, and we have a metric sh*t ton of club card points to spend. Card is £0'd out every month.

35 minutes ago, shockz said:

I may have to look into that. Does anyone know if the rewards are given just for the US store? I would use it in the US and France.